NGY Loves Educators!
Are you a teacher, educational professional, or school support staff looking for yoga + mindfulness resources as we head into the new school year? NGY has you covered with special deals on lesson plans and activity cards to make implementing these practices with students easy peasy.
Now through September 15th, sign up for the NGY Lesson Plan Club and you’ll get 12 lesson plans for $60. That’s just $5 each! This price is offered on BOTH our clubs…either for kids ages 2-12 or for tweens + teens.
You can also save $5 on the NGY Yoga + Mindfulness Activity Cards for the Classroom – our original deck of 60 easy to implement activities for any classroom setting.
As a member of the Next Generation Yoga Lesson Plan Club, you will receive a signature NGY Lesson Plan each month. Every Lesson Plan is unique and has an age-appropriate theme that is relevant, with guidelines and suggestions for different age groups.
Lesson plans are delivered to your email inbox each month in PDF format, and are ready-to-print or read on a computer, tablet, e-reader, or other electronic devices.
Each NGY Lesson Plan includes:
- An introduction to successfully sharing yoga with the children in your life, whether you are a parent, caregiver, a school professional, or an experienced or new yoga teacher.
- A detailed and easy to follow script for the teacher/leader.
- A complete class theme and sequence including an introduction to the topic, breathing exercises, a warm up, an active pose series, a cool down, and a guided meditation and relaxation exercise. The lesson plan theme works, whether taught from beginning to end or in pieces.
- Ideas for activities, props, songs, and more to add to the fun!
- Suggestions for how to relationally connect with children in developmentally appropriate ways.
- Opportunities to teach children through multiple pathways: physical (gross and fine motor), social-emotional, sensory, creative, cognitive, and intellectual learning.
- A how-to glossary of poses and breathing exercises used in the lesson plan that includes traditional names plus kid-friendly and/or Sanskrit names when appropriate.
- And a one-page lesson plan “cheat sheet” — a quick guide for handy reference.