Dates: Tuesdays & Thursdays
March 17, 19, 24, 26, 31, April 2, 7, 9
Location: The Comfort of Home
Schedule: 7-9pm EST | 4-6pm PST
♥ Payment plan available (service fees apply)
♥ Pick your perfect payment option below.
♥ Please email us with any questions.
Payment Plan Info & Registration
2 easy monthly payments of just $124.50 each†
Standard Payment Plan Details
- †Payments are split into 2 equal monthly payments including tuition and applicable payment plan service charges.
- After initial payment, subsequent payment(s) will be automatically charged to the card on file each month.
- There is a $35 fee for late, missed, or declined payments not resolved within 24 hours.
- Certificate of completion will be issued after payment has been made in full.
- Customized payment plans may be available upon request – please email us for more information.
- View our full terms & conditions here.
Using time-honored yoga practices and modern mindfulness techniques, teacher trainees learn to facilitate creative and educational experiences through a unique methodology that aligns with the developmental needs of children. No prior yoga experience is necessary; we will teach you what you need to know!
Next Generation Yoga Teacher Training for ages 2-12 offers a variety of tools and strategies to empower you to create meaningful kids yoga and mindfulness experiences. Experienced trainers share their own passion for this work as they facilitate a fun and inspiring training curriculum. Trainees are given opportunities to interact and observe, to learn about what works for others, and to develop original strategies to bring benefits of yoga and mindfulness to children.
As a NGY trainee you’ll receive:
- A comprehensive kids yoga and mindfulness PDF manual with resources for classroom success and business development.
- An understanding of the benefits of yoga and mindfulness for kids and an explanation of the developmental needs and typical behavior of ages 2-12.
- Instruction on how to plan, sequence, and execute amazing kids yoga classes and how to include fun extras like art activities, music, props, games, stories, breath work, and relaxation techniques.
- Tips on how to include learning points into your teachings in order to support kids’ educational experiences and invoke their natural curiosities.
- Classroom management techniques when a child doesn’t want to participate, how to change the energy level of a high energy or low energy class, and how to keep everyone safe in class.
- Guidance for how to lead partner yoga to encourage opportunities for cooperation and communication between kids.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: How do we access the online class?
A: Participants will meet on Zoom, a web-based video conference service. It is free and your Trainer will provide a link to the virtual “room.” If you don’t have video capabilities, you can join by phone.
Q: Do I need to be online for the training or is it self-paced?
A: This course is taught to you “live” and online. That means our master trainers will be leading you through the course during a specific time and you’ll have the chance to actively participate as well as interact with your fellow trainees. You’ll be able to see and hear other like-minded people from around the world – how cool is that!?! While we do encourage being available to participate in the live classes and discussions, if you need to miss, all sessions are recorded and will be available for you to download and watch later.
Q: Will there homework/assignments to be completed outside of class?
A: 1-2 hours of coursework outside of class time can be expected each week.
Q: Will I be certified to teach yoga to kids after I complete this training?
A: Yes! You will receive a certification that will allow you to teach yoga + mindfulness to kids ages 2-12.
Q: Does this count towards the NGY 95-hour RCYT Yoga School requirements?
A: No, this does not count towards the YA requirements to certify as a RCYT, but may be used for 16 hours of non-contact YA CEUs.
Meet Your Trainers, Rachel and Sarah:
Rachel Glowacki, E-RYT
Rachel has been teaching kids yoga since 2009 and is known as a thought leader in the kids yoga field. She hopes that one day mindful movement will be taught regularly in schools like math and science! Rachel is a yoga teacher and writer, has presented at the National Kids Yoga Conference two times, has authored the first kid yoga app for the iPad, and has developed multiple kids yoga curriculums and trained hundreds of kids yoga teachers. She is grateful to now bring her experience and passion to Next Generation Yoga as a trainer and curriculum writer. Click here to learn more about Rachel.
Sarah Henderson, E-RYT
Sarah began her professional life in disabilities services for kids and families. In 2010, she made what she thought was a career switch and became a yoga teacher. But soon she found herself training to become a Kids Yoga teacher, then an adaptive and accessible yoga teacher. Known for her imaginative teaching that bring stories and healthy living principles to life through yoga and mindfulness practices, Sarah is passionate about teaching kids of all ages and abilities to connect with themselves and others through movement and meditation. In addition to her role as a trainer for NGY, she also authors NGY’s monthly lesson plans for ages 2-12. Learn more about Sarah here.
Next Generation Yoga is an approved 95-hour Registered Children’s Yoga School (RCYS) with Yoga Alliance. Parents, educators, Yoga enthusiasts, and pediatric professionals are all welcome to participate in any of our top-rated trainings. No prior teaching experience is required, just a love for kids and an existing Yoga practice–the best teachers are students too!
Yoga Teachers registered with the Yoga Alliance as an active 200-hour RYT may earn their specialty designation as a Registered Children’s Yoga Teacher (RCYT) by completing Next Generation Yoga’s 95-hour Teacher Training program. Click here to learn more!