A Day at the Beach (2020 Remix!) ages 2-12
This Next Generation Yoga Lesson Plan explores the pure joy of the exciting activity, “A Day at the Beach.” Surf, go jet-skiing and build a sandcastle as you discover ocean and sand wonders in this fun-filled day at the beach theme! Smell the ocean breeze, let your toes stretch in the sand and feel the warm sun on your shoulders in the clever and mindful poses of this action-packed class. Along with breath-work, guided visualization and musical recommendations, it is sure to bring on smiles and laughter throughout the whole class.
This action-packed class takes you from swimming and surfing in the ocean waves to meeting big and little sea creatures with much fun and laughter throughout. Complete with a mindful partner pose, guided visualization, and musical recommendations, this lesson plan is sure to be a hit. Written by NGY Founder, Jodi B Komitor & NGY Teacher Nicole Koleshis and updated by Sarah Henderson, NGY Storyteller, this Next Generation Yoga Lesson Plan will show you how to infuse this theme into a Kids Yoga class that is designed specifically for 2-12 year olds.
This original Next Generation Yoga Lesson Plan is a creative and educational themed yoga class for sharing the magnificence of sea life, ocean waves and beach time fun through the practice of yoga. Included is one complete lesson plan that can be used at any time of the year (45-60 minutes).
Whether you are a parent, school-based educator, or an experienced or new yoga teacher, NGY Lesson Plans are for you and the children in your life. They are thoughtfully designed so that everyone can learn something new.
Here’s just some of what you’ll receive:
- A complete lesson plan for 2-12 year olds that may be enjoyed for 45-60 minutes
- An introduction to successfully sharing Kids Yoga with the children in your life, whether you are a parent, caregiver, a school professional, or an experienced or new Kids Yoga Teacher.
- A detailed and easy to follow script for the teacher/leader.
- A complete Kids Yoga class theme and sequence including an introduction to the topic, breathing exercises, a warm-up, an active pose series, a cool down, and a guided meditation and relaxation exercise. The lesson plan theme works, whether taught from beginning to end or in pieces.
- Ideas for activities, props, songs, and more to add to the fun!
- Suggestions for how to relationally connect with children in developmentally appropriate ways.
- Opportunities to teach children through multiple pathways: physical (gross and fine motor), social-emotional, sensory, creative, cognitive and intellectual learning.
- A how-to glossary of poses and breathing exercises used in the lesson plan that includes traditional names plus kid-friendly and/or Sanskrit names when appropriate.
NGY Lesson Plans are delivered electronically in PDF format – easy to download & print or view on a tablet or e-reader!