A Day at the Beach
This Next Generation Yoga Lesson Plan explores the pure joy of the exciting activity, “A Day at the Beach.” Surf, go jet-skiing and build a sand castle as you discover ocean and sand wonders in this fun-filled day at the beach theme! Smell the ocean breeze, let your toes stretch in the sand and feel the warm sun on your shoulders in the clever and mindful poses of this action-packed class. Along with breath-work, guided visualization and musical recommendations, it is sure to bring on smiles and laughter through out the whole class. Written by NGY Founder, Jodi B Komitor & NGY Teacher Puja Shah, this Next Generation Yoga Lesson Plan will show you how to infuse this theme into a Kids Yoga class that is designed specifically for 8-13 yr. olds.
This original Next Generation Yoga Lesson Plan, of more than 11 pages, is a creative and educational themed yoga class for sharing the magnificence of ocean life and waves, plus bringing in beach time fun through the practice of yoga.
Whether you are a parent, school-based educator, or an experienced or new yoga teacher, this lesson plan is for you and the children in your life. It is thoughtfully designed so that everyone can learn something new!
Here’s just some of what you’ll receive:
- A lesson plan in a clear and easy to follow format
- Guidance and support for getting started
- A lesson full of yoga poses, breathing exercises and relaxation techniques that incorporate: visual imagery, learning points, sensory integration, creative movement and fun stuff such as books, music, props & crafts
- Learn the proper yoga flow sequence that is simple to break down so you can teach sections or the entire lesson from beginning to end
- Complete Pose Pages with straightforward instructions for how to do the poses, along with traditional and kid-friendly pose names, suggestions for the number of times to repeat each pose, and pose benefits
- Guidance for authentically connecting with kids
- Inspirations for being a creative and innovative Kids Yoga Teacher
This NGY Lesson Plan is suggested for teaching 8-13 yr. olds and may be enjoyed for 45-60 minutes. It is in PDF format, easy to download & print!
Adventure, Animals, Seasons