There are 26 letters in the alphabet and we are thankful for them all! The Next Generation Yoga Lesson Plan: “ABC Yoga” celebrates each letter from A to Z with an adventure to meet common to rare animals from all around the world. From dog to vole and bear to quetzal, the ABC’s have never been this much fun!
This original NGY Lesson Plan features a Yoga pose, Creative Movement, breathing exercise or relaxation technique for each letter of the alphabet from A to Z. It contains easy to follow, step-by-step instructions and as always, there are suggestions for how to share this lesson in a Family Yoga class. We guarantee 2-7 yr. olds will love the ABC Yoga dance party and music recommendations! Written by NGY Founder, Jodi Komitor and Senior NGY Teacher, Nicole Koleshis, we’ll show you how to infuse the “ABC Yoga” theme into a class, specifically designed for 2-7 yr. olds.
Whether you are a parent, caregiver, an experienced or new Yoga Teacher, this lesson plan is for you and the children in your life any time of the year. It is thoughtfully designed so that everyone can learn and implement something new!
Here’s just some of what you’ll get:
- Over 10 pages of a clear and easy to follow Lesson Plan, appropriate for kids ages 2-7
- Guidance and support for class set-up & getting started
- Confidence to share a complete lesson full of Yoga poses, breathing exercises and relaxation techniques that incorporate: visual imagery, learning points, sensory integration, creative movement and fun stuff such as books, music, props & crafts
- A proper Yoga flow sequence that is simple to breakdown so you can teach sections or the entire lesson from beginning to end
- Complete Pose Pages with straightforward instructions for how to do the postures, along with traditional and kid-friendly pose names, suggestions for the number of times to repeat each pose, and pose benefits
- Suggestions for authentically connecting with kids
- Inspirations for being a creative and innovative Kids Yoga Teacher
This NGY Lesson Plan is suggested for teaching 2-7 yr. olds and may be enjoyed for 30-45 minutes. It is in PDF format, easy to download & print!
Feelings, Human Body, Yoga Philosophy