There are 26 letters in the alphabet and we are thankful for them all!
The Next Generation Yoga Lesson Plan: “ABC Yoga” for 2-7 year olds celebrates each letter from A to Z with an adventure to meet common to rare animals from all around the world. From dog to vole and bear to quetzal, the ABC’s have never been this much fun!
The Next Generation Yoga Lesson Plan: “ABC Yoga” for 8-13 year olds teaches that Yoga is so much more than just poses by exploring the many sides of this ancient practice from A to Z. From Downward-Facing Dog to Om Shanti and Inversions to Navasana, children will flow through this class with joy and excitement.
These original NGY Lesson Plans feature a Yoga pose, Creative Movement, breathing exercise or relaxation technique for each letter of the alphabet from A to Z, and contain easy to follow, step-by-step instructions and as always, there are musical suggestions and a detailed prop list. Written by NGY Founder, Jodi Komitor and NGY Teacher, Nicole Koleshis, we’ll show you how to infuse the “ABC Yoga” theme into a class, specifically designed for 2-7 and 8-13 year olds.
Whether you are a parent, caregiver, an experienced or new Yoga Teacher, this lesson plan is for you and the children in your life any time of the year. They are thoughtfully designed so that everyone can learn and implement something new!
Here’s just some of what you’ll receive:
- A complete lesson plan for 2-7 year olds that may be enjoyed for 30-45 minutes
- A complete lesson plan for 8-13 year olds that may be enjoyed for 45-60 minutes
- Guidance and support for class set-up & getting started
- Confidence to share a complete lesson full of Yoga poses, breathing exercises and relaxation techniques that incorporate: visual imagery, learning points, sensory integration, creative movement and fun stuff such as books, music, props & crafts
- A proper Yoga flow sequence that is simple to breakdown so you can teach sections or the entire lesson from beginning to end
- Complete Pose Pages with straightforward instructions for how to do the postures, along with traditional and kid-friendly pose names, suggestions for the number of times to repeat each pose, and pose benefits
- Suggestions for authentically connecting with kids
- Inspirations for being a creative and innovative Kids Yoga Teacher