Next Generation Yoga has great love and respect for Africa and this admiration shines bright throughout the “African Safari” Lesson Plan. Hop in the safari jeep to journey through the African landscape with us!
This fun-filled class takes you on an adventure to meet some of the world’s most beautiful and interesting animals. We’ll stop at the base of Mount Kilimanjaro and say “asante sana” (Swahili for “thank you very much”) to the sun, culminating with a guided visualization of the safari experience. Written by NGY Founder, Jodi B Komitor & NGY Teacher Nicole Koleshis, this Next Generation Yoga Lesson Plan will show you how to infuse this theme into a Kids Yoga class that is designed specifically for 2-7 yr. olds.
This original Next Generation Yoga Lesson Plan, of more than 10 pages, is a mindful and adventurous themed yoga class for sharing the wonders and beauty of an African safari through the practice of yoga.
Whether you are a parent, school-based educator, or an experienced or new Yoga Teacher, this lesson plan is for you and the children in your life. It is thoughtfully designed so that everyone can learn something new!
Here’s just some of what you’ll receive:
- A lesson plan in a clear and easy to follow format
- Guidance and support for getting started
- A lesson full of yoga poses, breathing exercises and relaxation techniques that incorporate: visual imagery, learning points, sensory integration, creative movement and fun stuff such as books, music, props & crafts
- Learn the proper yoga flow sequence that is simple to breakdown so you can teach sections or the entire lesson from beginning to end
- Complete Pose Pages with straightforward instructions for how to do the poses, along with traditional and kid-friendly pose names, suggestions for the number of times to repeat each pose, and pose benefits
- Guidance for authentically connecting with kids
- Inspirations for being a creative and innovative Kids Yoga Teacher
This NGY Lesson Plan is suggested for teaching 2-7 yr. olds and may be enjoyed for 30-45 minutes. It is in PDF format, easy to download & print!
Adventure, Animals, Family