Next Generation Yoga is going on an “African Safari”, and one filled with more than your typical lions, elephants and giraffes…oh my! This fun-filled themed class allows you to meet some of the world’s most beautiful and rare animals. From the top of Mount Kilimanjaro to the source of the Nile River, kids will be sure to experience an adventure they will not forget! Written by NGY Founder, Jodi B Komitor & NGY Teacher Puja Shah, this Next Generation Yoga Lesson Plan will show you how to infuse this theme into a Kids Yoga class that is designed specifically for 8-13 yr. olds.
This original Next Generation Yoga Lesson Plan, of more than 10 pages, is a mindful yet exciting themed yoga class for sharing the depth and wonders of Africa’s safari lands through the joy of yoga.
Whether you are a parent, school-based educator, or an experienced or new Yoga Teacher, this lesson plan is for you and the children in your life. It is thoughtfully designed so that everyone can learn something new!
Here’s just some of what you’ll receive:
- A lesson plan in a clear and easy to follow format
- Guidance and support for getting started
- A lesson full of yoga poses, breathing exercises and relaxation techniques that incorporate: visual imagery, learning points, sensory integration, creative movement and fun stuff such as books, music, props & crafts
- Learn the proper yoga flow sequence that is simple to break down so you can teach sections or the entire lesson from beginning to end
- Complete Pose Pages with straightforward instructions for how to do the poses, along with traditional and kid-friendly pose names, suggestions for the number of times to repeat each pose, and pose benefits
- Guidance for authentically connecting with kids
- Inspirations for being a creative and innovative Kids Yoga Teacher
This NGY Lesson Plan is suggested for teaching 8-13 yr. olds and may be enjoyed for 45-60 minutes. It is in PDF format, easy to download & print!
Adventure, Animals, Family