Next Generation Yoga has great love and respect for Africa and this admiration shines bright throughout the “African Safari” Lesson Plan. Hop in the safari jeep to journey through the African landscape with us!
This fun-filled class takes you on an adventure to meet some of the world’s most beautiful and interesting animals. We’ll stop at the base of Mount Kilimanjaro and say “asante sana” (Swahili for “thank you very much”) to the sun, culminating with a guided visualization of the safari experience. Written by NGY Founder, Jodi Komitor & NGY Teachers Puja Shah and Nicole Koleshis, this Next Generation Yoga Lesson Plan will show you how to infuse this theme into a Kids Yoga class that is designed specifically for 2-7 or 8-13 year olds.
This original Next Generation Yoga Lesson Plan is a mindful and adventurous themed yoga class for sharing the wonders and beauty of an African safari through the practice of yoga. Included are two complete lesson plans that can be used any time of the year: one for 2-7 year olds (30-45 minutes) and one for 8-13 year olds (45-60 minutes).
Whether you are a parent, school-based educator, or an experienced or new yoga teacher, NGY Lesson Plans are for you and the children in your life. They are thoughtfully designed so that everyone can learn something new.
Here’s just some of what you’ll receive:
- A complete lesson plan for 2-7 year olds that may be enjoyed for 30-45 minutes
- A complete lesson plan for 8-13 year olds that may be enjoyed for 45-60 minutes
- An introduction to successfully sharing Kids Yoga with the children in your life, whether you are a parent, caregiver, a school professional, or an experienced or new Kids Yoga Teacher.
- A detailed and easy to follow script for the teacher/leader.
- A complete Kids Yoga class theme and sequence including an introduction to the topic, breathing exercises, a warm-up, an active pose series, a cool down, and a guided meditation and relaxation exercise. The lesson plan theme works, whether taught from beginning to end or in pieces.
- Ideas for activities, props, songs, and more to add to the fun!
- Suggestions for how to relationally connect with children in developmentally appropriate ways.
- Opportunities to teach children through multiple pathways: physical (gross and fine motor), social-emotional, sensory, creative, cognitive and intellectual learning.
- A how-to glossary of poses and breathing exercises used in the lesson plan that includes traditional names plus kid-friendly and/or Sanskrit names when appropriate.
NGY Lesson Plans are delivered electronically in PDF format – easy to download & print or view on a tablet or e-reader!
Free Lesson Plan!
Ready to teach kids, but not sure where to start? Get your FREE Kids Yoga Lesson Plan here!"Every Day Mindfulness"