Animals with Tails
Monkeys, giraffes and peacocks, oh my! Come meet these animals and more with the Next Generation Yoga Lesson Plan: “Animals with Tails.”
This original NGY Lesson Plan highlights our animal friends with tails. It features interesting facts and learning points, fun and developmentally appropriate Creative Movements, and a thematic partner pose. There are also suggestions for how to share this lesson in a Family Yoga class. Written by NGY Founder, Jodi Komitor and Senior NGY Teacher, Nicole Koleshis, we’ll show you how to infuse “Animals with Tails” into a class, specifically designed for 2-7 yr. olds.
Whether you are a parent, caregiver, an experienced or new Yoga Teacher, this lesson plan is for you and the children in your life any time of the year. It is thoughtfully designed so that everyone can learn and implement something new!
Here’s just some of what you’ll get:
- Over 12 pages of a clear and easy to follow Lesson Plan, appropriate for kids ages 2-7
- Guidance and support for class set-up & getting started
- Confidence to share a complete lesson full of Yoga poses, breathing exercises and relaxation techniques that incorporate: visual imagery, learning points, sensory integration, creative movement and fun stuff such as books, music, props & crafts
- A proper Yoga flow sequence that is simple to breakdown so you can teach sections or the entire lesson from beginning to end
- Complete Pose Pages with straightforward instructions for how to do the postures, along with traditional and kid-friendly pose names, suggestions for the number of times to repeat each pose, and pose benefits
- Suggestions for authentically connecting with kids
- Inspirations for being a creative and innovative Kids Yoga Teacher
This NGY Lesson Plan is suggested for teaching 2-7 yr. olds and may be enjoyed for 30-45 minutes. It is in PDF format, easy to download & print!
Feelings, Human Body, Yoga Philosophy