Animals with Tails
a Yoga + Mindfulness Lesson Plan for ages 2-13
What do beavers, elephants, otters and peacocks have in common? They all have a tail! The Next Generation Yoga Lesson Plan: “Animals with Tails” is an adventure into the lives of our animal friends with tails.
The NGY Lesson Plan for 2-7 year olds highlights our animal friends with tails by featuring interesting facts and learning points, fun and developmentally appropriate creative movements, and a thematic partner pose. There are also suggestions for how to share this lesson in a Family Yoga class.
The NGY Lesson Plan for 8-13 year olds provides an age-appropriate flow, with a corresponding playlist and includes interesting learning points and fun facts. Opportunities to independently explore Yoga poses and creative movements are woven in.
Written by NGY Founder, Jodi Komitor and NGY Teacher, Nicole Koleshis, we’ll show you how to infuse the “Animals with Tails” theme into a class, specifically designed for 2-7 and 8-13 year olds.
Whether you are a parent, caregiver, an experienced or new Yoga Teacher, these lesson plans are for you and the children in your life any time of the year. They are thoughtfully designed so that everyone can learn and implement something new!
Here’s just some of what you’ll receive:
- A complete lesson plan for 2-7 year olds that may be enjoyed for 30-45 minutes
- A complete lesson plan for 8-13 year olds that may be enjoyed for 45-60 minutes
- Guidance and support for class set-up & getting started
- Confidence to share a complete lesson full of Yoga poses, breathing exercises and relaxation techniques that incorporate: visual imagery, learning points, sensory integration, creative movement and fun stuff such as books, music, props & crafts
- A proper Yoga flow sequence that is simple to breakdown so you can teach sections or the entire lesson from beginning to end
- Complete Pose Pages with straightforward instructions for how to do the postures, along with traditional and kid-friendly pose names, suggestions for the number of times to repeat each pose, and pose benefits
- Suggestions for authentically connecting with kids
- Inspirations for being a creative and innovative Kids Yoga Teacher