Ahhh, the season of shorter days, juicy apples, colorful leaves and animals prepping for cooler weather. Next Generation Yoga’s Lesson Plan: “Autumn Equinox” celebrates this magical time of the year with joyful Yoga poses and Creative Movements that make the theme come alive, along with guided visualizations and fascinating educational facts.
With easy-to-follow, step-by-step instructions, “Autumn Equinox” features a detailed prop list, theme-specific playlist, and a sensory-rich Yoga dance party. This original NGY Lesson Plan educates children about the season of Autumn in a mindful, age-appropriate and movement-based way. As always, there are guided visual meditations and suggestions for how to share this lesson in a Family Yoga class. Written by NGY Founder, Jodi Komitor & NGY Teacher, Nicole Koleshis, we’ll show you how to infuse the “Autumn Equinox” theme into a class, specifically designed for 2-7 and 8-13 year olds.
Whether you are a parent, school-based educator, or an experienced or new yoga teacher, NGY Lesson Plans are for you and the children in your life. They are thoughtfully designed so that everyone can learn something new.
Here’s just some of what you’ll receive:
- A complete lesson plan for 2-7 year olds that may be enjoyed for 30-45 minutes
- A complete lesson plan for 8-13 year olds that may be enjoyed for 45-60 minutes
- An introduction to successfully sharing Kids Yoga with the children in your life, whether you are a parent, caregiver, a school professional, or an experienced or new Kids Yoga Teacher.
- A detailed and easy to follow script for the teacher/leader.
- A complete Kids Yoga class theme and sequence including an introduction to the topic, breathing exercises, a warm-up, an active pose series, a cool down, and a guided meditation and relaxation exercise. The lesson plan theme works, whether taught from beginning to end or in pieces.
- Ideas for activities, props, songs, and more to add to the fun!
- Suggestions for how to relationally connect with children in developmentally appropriate ways.
- Opportunities to teach children through multiple pathways: physical (gross and fine motor), social-emotional, sensory, creative, cognitive and intellectual learning.
- A how-to glossary of poses and breathing exercises used in the lesson plan that includes traditional names plus kid-friendly and/or Sanskrit names when appropriate.
NGY Lesson Plans are delivered electronically in PDF format – easy to download & print or view on a tablet or e-reader!