Birthday Party Yoga
Happy Birthday to YOU! Make a child’s special day a day to remember with Next Generation Yoga’s Lesson Plan, “Birthday Party Yoga.” The child who is celebrating a birthday is honored throughout this Lesson Plan with the creation of a delicious, imaginary birthday cake, a rockin’ dance party and wishes for the year to come.
“Birthday Party Yoga” is a one-of-a-kind lesson plan, essential for anyone wanting to share Yoga at children’s birthday parties. It is full of kid-friendly Yoga poses, theme-specific creative movements and a sweet birthday guided meditation. As always, musical recommendations and prop suggestions are included to make this theme fun and engaging for big and little yogis alike. Written by NGY Founder, Jodi B Komitor & NGY Teacher Nicole Koleshis, this Next Generation Yoga Lesson Plan will show you how to infuse the “Birthday Party Yoga” theme into a Yoga class, specifically designed for 2-7 yr. olds.
Whether you are a parent, school-based educator, an experienced or new Yoga Teacher, this lesson plan is for you and the children in your life. It is thoughtfully designed so that everyone can implement and learn something new!
Here’s just some of what you’ll receive:
- Over 10 pages of clear and easy to follow lesson plan appropriate for kids ages 2-7
- Guidance and support for class set-up & getting started
- A lesson full of yoga poses, breathing exercises and relaxation techniques that incorporate: visual imagery, learning points, sensory integration, creative movement and fun stuff such as books, music, props & crafts
- Learn the proper yoga flow sequence that is simple to break down so you can teach sections or the entire lesson from beginning to end
- Complete Pose Pages with straightforward instructions for how to do the poses, along with traditional and kid-friendly pose names, suggestions for the number of times to repeat each pose, and pose benefits
- Guidance for authentically connecting with kids
- Inspirations for being a creative and innovative Kids Yoga Teacher
This NGY Lesson Plan is suggested for teaching 2-7 yr. olds and may be enjoyed for 30-45 minutes. It is in PDF format, easy to download & print!
Feelings, Holidays, Teamwork