Birthday Party Yoga
Make a wish, blow out the candles and celebrate another trip around the Sun with Next Generation Yoga’s Lesson Plan, “Birthday Party Yoga.” Step-by-step instructions to teach a fun and meaningful Yoga class at a child’s birthday party are included in this unique Lesson Plan. We do it just like The Beatles said, “They say it’s your birthday. We’re gonna have a good time!”
“Birthday Party Yoga” is a one-of-a-kind lesson plan, essential for anyone wanting to share Yoga at children’s birthday parties. It is full of kid-friendly Yoga poses, theme-specific creative movements and a sweet birthday guided meditation. As always, musical recommendations and prop suggestions are included to make this theme fun and engaging for big and little yogis alike. Written by NGY Founder, Jodi B Komitor & NGY Teacher Nicole Koleshis, this Next Generation Yoga Lesson Plan will show you how to infuse the “Birthday Party Yoga” theme into a Yoga class, specifically designed for 2-7 yr. olds.
Whether you are a parent, school-based educator, or an experienced or new yoga teacher, NGY Lesson Plans are for you and the children in your life. They are thoughtfully designed so that everyone can learn something new.
Here’s just some of what you’ll receive:
- A complete lesson plan for 2-7 year olds that may be enjoyed for 30-45 minutes
- A complete lesson plan for 8-13 year olds that may be enjoyed for 45-60 minutes
- An introduction to successfully sharing Kids Yoga with the children in your life, whether you are a parent, caregiver, a school professional, or an experienced or new Kids Yoga Teacher.
- A detailed and easy to follow script for the teacher/leader.
- A complete Kids Yoga class theme and sequence including an introduction to the topic, breathing exercises, a warm-up, an active pose series, a cool down, and a guided meditation and relaxation exercise. The lesson plan theme works, whether taught from beginning to end or in pieces.
- Ideas for activities, props, songs, and more to add to the fun!
- Suggestions for how to relationally connect with children in developmentally appropriate ways.
- Opportunities to teach children through multiple pathways: physical (gross and fine motor), social-emotional, sensory, creative, cognitive and intellectual learning.
- A how-to glossary of poses and breathing exercises used in the lesson plan that includes traditional names plus kid-friendly and/or Sanskrit names when appropriate.
NGY Lesson Plans are delivered electronically in PDF format – easy to download & print or view on a tablet or e-reader!