Written by: Sarah Henderson, E-RYT/NGY Storyteller
In this NGY Lesson Plan, Body Blueprint, we learn about the human body systems and how yoga supports them all. Kids will experience sensation in their bodies with yoga postures and movements and mindful explorations while learning that the human body is simply amazing!
Yoga poses, creative movements, meditation prompts, learning points and breath exercises invite children to learn about the stories in the stars. Theme-specific tunes, options for family and partner poses, a guided relaxation activity, and ideas to extend the lesson’s fun are also included. This creative lesson plan can be used any time of the year!
This NGY Lesson Plan includes:
- An introduction to successfully sharing Kids Yoga with the children in your life, whether you are a parent, caregiver, a school professional, or an experienced or new Kids Yoga Teacher.
- A detailed and easy to follow script for the teacher/leader.
- A complete Kids Yoga class theme and sequence including an introduction to the topic, breathing exercises, a warm up, an active pose series, a cool down, and a guided meditation and relaxation exercise. The lesson plan theme works, whether taught from beginning to end or in pieces.
- Ideas for activities, props, songs, and more to add to the fun!
- Suggestions for how to relationally connect with children in developmentally appropriate ways.
- Opportunities to teach children through multiple pathways: physical (gross and fine motor), social-emotional, sensory, creative, cognitive and intellectual learning.
- A how-to glossary of poses and breathing exercises used in the lesson plan that includes traditional names plus kid-friendly and/or Sanskrit names when appropriate.
- And a one-page lesson plan “cheat sheet” — a quick guide for handy reference.
NGY Lesson Plans are delivered electronically in PDF format – easy to download & print or view on a tablet or e-reader!
There are no reviews yet.