$17.95 – $28.70
Buy both age groups and save 20%!
Books spark imagination and stimulate curiosity. They take us on adventures, tell us stories, and help develop early literacy and other lifelong skills. The Next Generation Yoga Lesson Plan: “Bookworm” combines the benefits of books with age-appropriate and sensory-rich movement to create a Yoga class that 2-7 yr. olds and 8-13 yr. olds are sure to love!
This original NGY Lesson Plan features 4 kid-favorite books and a thematic playlist that provides the structure and sequence for Yoga poses, Creative Movements and more. “Bookworm” contains easy to follow, step-by-step instructions and as always, there are suggestions for how to share this lesson in a Family Yoga class. Written by NGY Founder, Jodi Komitor and Senior NGY Teacher, Nicole Koleshis, we’ll show you how to infuse the “Bookworm” theme into a class, specifically designed for 2-7 yr. olds.
Whether you are a parent, caregiver, an experienced or new Yoga Teacher, this lesson plan is for you and the children in your life any time of the year. It is thoughtfully designed so that everyone can learn and implement something new!
Here’s just some of what you’ll get:
- Over 13 pages of a clear and easy to follow Lesson Plan, appropriate for kids ages 2-7
- Guidance and support for class set-up & getting started
- Confidence to share a complete lesson full of Yoga poses, breathing exercises and relaxation techniques that incorporate: visual imagery, learning points, sensory integration, creative movement and fun stuff such as books, music, props & crafts
- A proper Yoga flow sequence that is simple to break down so you can teach sections or the entire lesson from beginning to end
- Complete Pose Pages with straightforward instructions for how to do the postures, along with traditional and kid-friendly pose names, suggestions for the number of times to repeat each pose, and pose benefits
- Suggestions for authentically connecting with kids
- Inspirations for being a creative and innovative Kids Yoga Teacher