Breathe if You Please
Breathing is something everyone does, all day, every day, without thinking too much about it. Yoga breathing exercises can help children calm down, focus, change their mood, and practice mindfulness. The Next Generation Yoga Lesson Plan: “Breathe if You Please” introduces children to six Yoga breathing exercises, paired with animal and nature-inspired Yoga poses and movements, to make them kid-friendly, easily accessible and fun!
This original NGY Lesson Plan features a theme-inspired playlist, opportunities for children to notice and share how the breathing exercises made them feel, and suggestions for how and when to use the different ways of breathing outside of the Yoga class. “Breathe if You Please” contains easy to follow, step-by-step instructions and as always, there are suggestions for how to share this lesson in a Family Yoga class. Written by NGY Founder, Jodi Komitor and Senior NGY Teacher, Nicole Koleshis, we’ll show you how to infuse the “Breathe if You Please” theme into a class, specifically designed for 2-7 yr. olds.
Whether you are a parent, caregiver, an experienced or new Yoga Teacher, this lesson plan is for you and the children in your life any time of the year. It is thoughtfully designed so that everyone can learn and implement something new!
Here’s just some of what you’ll get:
- Over 13 pages of a clear and easy to follow Lesson Plan, appropriate for kids ages 2-7
- Guidance and support for class set-up & getting started
- Confidence to share a complete lesson full of Yoga poses, breathing exercises and relaxation techniques that incorporate: visual imagery, learning points, sensory integration, creative movement and fun stuff such as books, music, props & crafts
- A proper Yoga flow sequence that is simple to breakdown so you can teach sections or the entire lesson from beginning to end
- Complete Pose Pages with straightforward instructions for how to do the postures, along with traditional and kid-friendly pose names, suggestions for the number of times to repeat each pose, and pose benefits
- Suggestions for authentically connecting with kids
- Inspirations for being a creative and innovative Kids Yoga Teacher
This NGY Lesson Plan is suggested for teaching 2-7 yr. olds and may be enjoyed for 30-45 minutes. It is in PDF format, easy to download & print!
Feelings, Human Body, Yoga Philosophy
Free Lesson Plan!
Ready to teach kids, but not sure where to start? Get your FREE Kids Yoga Lesson Plan here!"Every Day Mindfulness"
- New Lessons Every Month,
- Kids & Family Poses,
- Breathing Exercises,
- Relaxation Techniques,
- Playlists & more!
PDF format, just download & print!