Breathe if You Please
a Yoga + Mindfulness Lesson Plan for ages 2-13
Breathing is something everyone does, all day, every day, without thinking too much about it. Yoga breathing exercises can help children calm down, focus, change their mood, and practice mindfulness. The Next Generation Yoga Lesson Plan: “Breathe if You Please” introduces children to Yoga breathing exercises, paired with age-appropriate Yoga poses and movements, to make them easily accessible and fun!
These original NGY Lesson Plan features Yoga breathing games, opportunities for children to notice and share how the breathing exercises made them feel, and suggestions for how and when to use the different ways of breathing outside of the Yoga class. “Breathe if You Please” contains easy to follow, step-by-step instructions and a rockin’ playlist. Written by NGY Founder, Jodi Komitor and Senior NGY Teacher, Nicole Koleshis, we’ll show you how to infuse the “Breathe if You Please” theme into a class, specifically designed for 2-7 and 8-13 year olds.
Whether you are a parent, caregiver, an experienced or new Yoga Teacher, this lesson plan is for you and the children in your life any time of the year. It is thoughtfully designed so that everyone can learn and implement something new!
Here’s just some of what you’ll receive:
- A complete lesson plan for 2-7 year olds that may be enjoyed for 30-45 minutes
- A complete lesson plan for 8-13 year olds that may be enjoyed for 45-60 minutes
- Guidance and support for class set-up & getting started
- Confidence to share a complete lesson full of Yoga poses, breathing exercises and relaxation techniques that incorporate: visual imagery, learning points, sensory integration, creative movement and fun stuff such as books, music, props & crafts
- A proper Yoga flow sequence that is simple to breakdown so you can teach sections or the entire lesson from beginning to end
- Complete Pose Pages with straightforward instructions for how to do the postures, along with traditional and kid-friendly pose names, suggestions for the number of times to repeat each pose, and pose benefits
- Suggestions for authentically connecting with kids
- Inspirations for being a creative and innovative Kids Yoga Teacher
Click here to see a sample of the 2-7 year old lesson plan.
Click here to see a sample of the 8-13 year old lesson plan.
There are no reviews yet.