California is the home of Legoland and Disneyland, where Hollywood movies are made, and miles of the Pacific Ocean coastline are available to explore. The Next Generation Yoga Lesson Plan: “California Dreamin’” takes children on an adventure from Northern to Southern California, with the breathtaking Redwood trees to sunny San Diego beaches.
These original NGY Lesson Plans feature theme-inspired playlists, educational facts about geography, and opportunities for group poses and self-expression. “California Dreamin’” contains easy to follow, step-by-step instructions and as always, there are suggestions to add even more fun to the class. Written by NGY Founder, Jodi Komitor and Senior NGY Teacher, Nicole Koleshis, we’ll show you how to infuse the “California Dreamin’” theme into a class specifically designed for 2-7 or 8-13 year olds.
Whether you are a parent, caregiver, an experienced or new Yoga Teacher, this lesson plan is for you and the children in your life any time of the year. It is thoughtfully designed so that everyone can learn and implement something new!
Here’s just some of what you’ll receive:
- A complete lesson plan for 2-7 year olds that may be enjoyed for 30-45 minutes
- A complete lesson plan for 8-13 year olds that may be enjoyed for 45-60 minutes
- Guidance and support for class set-up & getting started
- Confidence to share a complete lesson full of Yoga poses, breathing exercises and relaxation techniques that incorporate: visual imagery, learning points, sensory integration, creative movement and fun stuff such as books, music, props & crafts
- A proper Yoga flow sequence that is simple to breakdown so you can teach sections or the entire lesson from beginning to end
- Complete Pose Pages with straightforward instructions for how to do the postures, along with traditional and kid-friendly pose names, suggestions for the number of times to repeat each pose, and pose benefits
- Suggestions for authentically connecting with kids
- Inspirations for being a creative and innovative Kids Yoga Teacher