$17.95 – $28.72
Buy both age groups and save 20%!
Come along for this purr-fectly fun visit the Cat Café! This original Next Generation Yoga Lesson Plan, Cat Café, features creative and curious engagements with cats of all kinds!
Cat Café for 2-7 yr. olds (30-45 minutes) is a playful visit to a Cat Café where kids can use their imaginations to play with cuddly cats and kittens while learning all about cats through yoga and creative movement! The visualized meditation at the end invites children to become a cat themselves!
Cat Café for 8-13 yr. olds (45-60 minutes) uses the setting of a Cat Café to teach children about the Big Cat family, domestic cat habits and traits, and cats in classic literature and poetry. The visualized meditation at the end takes kids on a plot-twisting fantastical visit to a Cats’ Café where cats sing, draw, play chess and more!
Yoga poses, creative movements, and breath exercises invite children to imagine themselves in the middle of a Cat Café! Theme-specific tunes, options for family/partner poses, a guided relaxation activity, and ideas to extend the lesson’s fun are also included. This lesson plan can be used any time of the year and has two versions: one for 2-7 yr. olds (30-45 minutes) and one for 8-13 yr. olds (45-60 minutes).
Whether you are a parent, caregiver, an experienced or new Yoga Teacher, this lesson plan is for you and the children in your life any time of the year. It is thoughtfully designed so that everyone can learn and implement something new!
These NGY Lesson Plans include:
- An introduction to successfully sharing Kids Yoga with the children in your life, whether you are a parent, caregiver, or an experienced or new Kids Yoga Teacher.
- A detailed and easy-to-follow script for the teacher/leader.
- A complete Kids Yoga class theme and sequence including an introduction to the topic, breathing exercises, a warm-up, an active pose series, a cool down, and a guided meditation and relaxation exercise. The Lesson Plan theme works, whether taught from beginning to end or in pieces.
- Ideas for activities, props, songs, and more to add to the fun!
- Suggestions for how to relationally connect with children in developmentally appropriate ways.
- Opportunities to teach children through multiple pathways: physical (gross and fine motor), social-emotional, sensory, creative, cognitive and intellectual.
- A how-to glossary of poses and breathing exercises used in the Lesson Plan that includes traditional names plus kid-friendly and/or Sanskrit names when appropriate.
- A one-page Lesson Plan “cheat sheet” – a quick guide for handy reference.
NGY Lesson Plans are delivered electronically in PDF format – easy to download & print or view on a tablet or e-reader!