Ch-ch-ch-change is happening all the time and is something everyone experiences everyday! Change can be exciting, but it can also be scary and children sometimes have a hard time understanding it. Next Generation Yoga’s Lesson Plan, “Ch-Ch-Ch-Changes” provides a light-hearted and educational perspective on some of the changes that occur in our world; and since it is said that the only thing that is constant is change, it is never to soon to learn how to best accept and embrace it!
“Ch-Ch-Ch-Changes” features a Yoga game, partner poses, song recommendations and a very special guided meditation. Prop ideas, a theme-specific breathing exercise and suggestions for how to share this lesson in a Family Yoga class are all included. This NGY Lesson Plan is sure to change any worrisome thoughts around ch-ch-ch-changes! Written by NGY Founder, Jodi Komitor & NGY Teacher, Nicole Koleshis, we’ll show you how to infuse the “Ch-Ch-Ch-Changes” theme into a class, specifically designed for 2-7 yr. olds.
Whether you are a parent, caregiver, an experienced or new Yoga Teacher, this lesson plan is for you and the children in your life any time of the year. It is thoughtfully designed so that everyone can learn and implement something new!
Here’s just some of what you’ll get:
- Over 12 pages of a clear and easy to follow Lesson Plan, appropriate for kids ages 2-7
- Guidance and support for class set-up & getting started
- Confidence to share a complete lesson full of Yoga poses, breathing exercises and relaxation techniques that incorporate: visual imagery, learning points, sensory integration, creative movement and fun stuff such as books, music, props & crafts
- A proper Yoga flow sequence that is simple to breakdown so you can teach sections or the entire lesson from beginning to end
- Complete Pose Pages with straightforward instructions for how to do the postures, along with traditional and kid-friendly pose names, suggestions for the number of times to repeat each pose, and pose benefits
- Suggestions for authentically connecting with kids
- Inspirations for being a creative and innovative Kids Yoga Teacher
This NGY Lesson Plan is suggested for teaching 2-7 yr. olds and may be enjoyed for 30-45 minutes. It is in PDF format, easy to download & print!
Animals, Feelings, Human Body