a Yoga + Mindfulness Lesson Plan for ages 2-13
Ch-ch-ch-change is happening all the time and is something everyone experiences every day! Change can be exciting, but it can also be scary and children sometimes have a hard time understanding it. Next Generation Yoga’s Lesson Plan, “Ch-Ch-Ch-Changes” provides a light-hearted and educational perspective on some of the changes that occur in our world; and since it is said that the only thing that is constant is change, it is never to soon to learn how to best accept and embrace it!
“Ch-Ch-Ch-Changes” features a Yoga game, partner poses, song recommendations, and a very special guided meditation. Prop ideas, a theme-specific breathing exercise, and suggestions for how to share this lesson in a Family Yoga class are all included. This NGY Lesson Plan is sure to change any worrisome thoughts around ch-ch-ch-changes! Written by NGY Founder, Jodi Komitor & NGY Teacher, Nicole Koleshis, we’ll show you how to infuse the “Ch-Ch-Ch-Changes” theme into a class, specifically designed for 2-7 and 8-13 year olds.
Whether you are a parent, school-based educator, or an experienced or new yoga teacher, NGY Lesson Plans are for you and the children in your life. They are thoughtfully designed so that everyone can learn something new.
Here’s just some of what you’ll receive:
- A complete lesson plan for 2-7 year olds that may be enjoyed for 30-45 minutes
- A complete lesson plan for 8-13 year olds that may be enjoyed for 45-60 minutes
- An introduction to successfully sharing Kids Yoga with the children in your life, whether you are a parent, caregiver, a school professional, or an experienced or new Kids Yoga Teacher.
- A detailed and easy to follow script for the teacher/leader.
- A complete Kids Yoga class theme and sequence including an introduction to the topic, breathing exercises, a warm-up, an active pose series, a cool down, and a guided meditation and relaxation exercise. The lesson plan theme works, whether taught from beginning to end or in pieces.
- Ideas for activities, props, songs, and more to add to the fun!
- Suggestions for how to relationally connect with children in developmentally appropriate ways.
- Opportunities to teach children through multiple pathways: physical (gross and fine motor), social-emotional, sensory, creative, cognitive and intellectual learning.
- A how-to glossary of poses and breathing exercises used in the lesson plan that includes traditional names plus kid-friendly and/or Sanskrit names when appropriate.
NGY Lesson Plans are delivered electronically in PDF format – easy to download & print or view on a tablet or e-reader!
There are no reviews yet.