Chakra Yoga – Rainbowland
When the chakras, or the body’s energy centers, are balanced and happy, we feel balanced and happy. Teach children about the rainbow in their body with Next Generation Yoga’s Lesson Plan: “Chakra Yoga – Rainbowland.”
“Chakra Yoga – Rainbowland” is filled with theme-specific Yoga poses, breathing exercises and guided visualizations, all designed to open and balance the chakras. This original NGY Lesson Plan also contains a Yoga game, partner poses, music and prop recommendations, and numerous opportunities for developmentally appropriate and sensory-rich movement.
Did you know the body has 7 energy centers on the spine and that they are the colors of the rainbow?! If you don’t already know about the chakras, Next Generation Yoga’s Lesson Plan: “Chakra Yoga – Rainbowland” is sure to enlighten you … and if you already know about the rainbow that is located on the spine, we guarantee that this NGY Lesson Plan will teach you something new that you can pass onto the children in your life!
Beatbox the sounds of the chakras with MC Yogi, ignite the solar plexus with fun, kid-friendly abdominal and breathwork; practice self-love and love for others and more with this original NGY Lesson Plan. “Chakra Yoga – Rainbowland” has a theme-specific playlist, tips on how to talk about the chakras with 8-13 yr. olds and a section with tips, activities and additional poses to make this theme fun and inspiring every time it is taught. Written by NGY Founder, Jodi Komitor & NGY Teacher, Nicole Koleshis, we’ll show you how to infuse the “Chakra Yoga – Rainbowland” theme into a class, specifically designed for 8-13 yr. olds.
Whether you are a parent, caregiver, an experienced or new Yoga Teacher, this lesson plan is for you and the children in your life any time of the year. It is thoughtfully designed so that everyone can learn and implement something new!
Here’s just some of what you’ll receive:
- Over 13 pages of a clear and easy to follow Lesson Plan, appropriate for kids ages 8-13
- Guidance and support for class set-up & getting started
- Confidence to share a complete lesson full of Yoga poses, breathing exercises and relaxation techniques that incorporate: visual imagery, learning points, sensory integration, creative movement and fun stuff such as books, music, props & crafts
- A proper Yoga flow sequence that is simple to breakdown so you can teach sections or the entire lesson from beginning to end
- Complete Pose Pages with straightforward instructions for how to do the postures, along with traditional and kid-friendly pose names, suggestions for the number of times to repeat each pose, and pose benefits
- Suggestions for authentically connecting with kids
- Inspirations for being a creative and innovative Kids Yoga Teacher
This NGY Lesson Plan is suggested for teaching 8-13 yr. olds and may be enjoyed for 45-60 minutes. It is in PDF format, easy to download & print!
Animals, Human Body, Yoga Philosophy
Free Lesson Plan!
Ready to teach kids, but not sure where to start? Get your FREE Kids Yoga Lesson Plan here!"Every Day Mindfulness"
- New Lessons Every Month,
- Kids & Family Poses,
- Breathing Exercises,
- Relaxation Techniques,
- Playlists & more!
PDF format, just download & print!