Imagine a time when gigantic creatures roamed the Earth, when reptiles flew through the sky and when volcanoes erupted regularly. Life was certainly different during the 160 million years that the dinosaurs were alive! Next Generation Yoga’s Lesson Plan, “Dino-mite Yoga!” takes kids and families on a prehistoric journey back in time to learn about these fascinating creatures and the landscape during this period.
“Dino-mite Yoga!” is inspired by Jodi Komitor’s Gaiam DVD with the same name and has additional features, such as a theme-specific prop and playlist, detailed instructions for all Yoga poses, breathing exercises and relaxation techniques plus loads of dino-mite educational facts. As always, there are suggestions for how to share this lesson in a Family Yoga class. Written by NGY Founder, Jodi Komitor & NGY Teacher, Nicole Koleshis, we’ll show you how to infuse the “Dino-mite Yoga!” theme into a class, specifically designed for 2-7 yr. olds.
Whether you are a parent, caregiver, an experienced or new Yoga Teacher, this lesson plan is for you and the children in your life any time of the year. It is thoughtfully designed so that everyone can learn and implement something new!
Here’s just some of what you’ll get:
- Over 10 pages of a clear and easy to follow Lesson Plan and Pose Pages, appropriate for kids ages 2-7
- Guidance and support for class set-up & getting started
- Confidence to share a complete lesson full of Yoga poses, breathing exercises and relaxation techniques that incorporate: visual imagery, learning points, sensory integration, creative movement and fun stuff such as books, music, props & crafts
- A proper Yoga flow sequence that is simple to breakdown so you can teach sections or the entire lesson from beginning to end
- Complete Pose Pages with straightforward instructions for how to do the postures, along with traditional and kid-friendly pose names, suggestions for the number of times to repeat each pose, and pose benefits
- Suggestions for authentically connecting with kids
- Inspirations for being a creative and innovative Kids Yoga Teacher
This NGY Lesson Plan is suggested for teaching 2-7 yr. olds and may be enjoyed for 30-45 minutes. It is in PDF format, easy to download & print!
Adventure, Animals, Family