Travel back in time to the Mesozoic Era when dinosaurs ruled the Earth with Next Generation Yoga’s Lesson Plan, “Dino-mite Yoga!” Learn captivating facts about these prehistoric creatures, other reptiles and the landscape during this fascinating period through the ancient practice of Yoga.
“Dino-mite Yoga!” is inspired by Jodi Komitor’s Gaiam DVD with the same name and has additional features, such as a theme-specific playlist, detailed instructions for all Yoga poses, breathing exercises, relaxation techniques plus noteworthy educational facts. Complete with opening and closing guided visualizations, 8-13 yr. olds will find this NGY Lesson Plan fun, interesting and dino-mite, time and time again! Written by NGY Founder, Jodi Komitor & NGY Teacher, Nicole Koleshis, we’ll show you how to infuse the “Dino-mite Yoga!” theme into a class, specifically designed for 8-13 yr. olds.
Whether you are a parent, caregiver, an experienced or new Yoga Teacher, this lesson plan is for you and the children in your life any time of the year. It is thoughtfully designed so that everyone can learn and implement something new!
Here’s just some of what you’ll receive:
- Over 10 pages of a clear and easy to follow Lesson Plan and Pose Pages, appropriate for kids ages 8-13
- Guidance and support for class set-up & getting started
- Confidence to share a complete lesson full of Yoga poses, breathing exercises and relaxation techniques that incorporate: visual imagery, learning points, sensory integration, creative movement and fun stuff such as books, music, props & crafts
- A proper Yoga flow sequence that is simple to breakdown so you can teach sections or the entire lesson from beginning to end
- Complete Pose Pages with straightforward instructions for how to do the postures, along with traditional and kid-friendly pose names, suggestions for the number of times to repeat each pose, and pose benefits
- Suggestions for authentically connecting with kids
- Inspirations for being a creative and innovative Kids Yoga Teacher
This NGY Lesson Plan is suggested for teaching 8-13 yr. olds and may be enjoyed for 45-60 minutes. It is in PDF format, easy to download & print!
Adventure, Animals, Family