a Yoga + Mindfulness Lesson Plan for ages 2-13
Imagine a time when gigantic creatures roamed the Earth, when reptiles flew through the sky and when volcanoes erupted regularly. Life was certainly different during the 160 million years that the dinosaurs were alive. Travel back in time to the Mesozoic Era when dinosaurs ruled the Earth with Next Generation Yoga’s Lesson Plan, “Dino-mite Yoga!” Learn captivating facts about these prehistoric creatures, other reptiles, and the landscape during this fascinating period through the ancient practice of Yoga.
“Dino-mite Yoga!” features a theme-specific playlist, detailed instructions for all Yoga poses, breathing exercises, relaxation techniques plus noteworthy educational facts. Complete with opening and closing guided visualizations, and suggestions for how to share this lesson in a Family Yoga class, kids of all ages olds will find this NGY Lesson Plan fun, interesting and dino-mite, time and time again! Written by NGY Founder, Jodi Komitor & NGY Teacher, Nicole Koleshis, we’ll show you how to infuse the “Dino-mite Yoga!” theme into a class, specifically designed for 8-13 yr. olds.
Whether you are a parent, school-based educator, or an experienced or new yoga teacher, NGY Lesson Plans are for you and the children in your life. They are thoughtfully designed so that everyone can learn something new.
Here’s just some of what you’ll receive:
- A complete lesson plan for 2-7 year olds that may be enjoyed for 30-45 minutes
- A complete lesson plan for 8-13 year olds that may be enjoyed for 45-60 minutes
- An introduction to successfully sharing Kids Yoga with the children in your life, whether you are a parent, caregiver, a school professional, or an experienced or new Kids Yoga Teacher.
- A detailed and easy to follow script for the teacher/leader.
- A complete Kids Yoga class theme and sequence including an introduction to the topic, breathing exercises, a warm-up, an active pose series, a cool down, and a guided meditation and relaxation exercise. The lesson plan theme works, whether taught from beginning to end or in pieces.
- Ideas for activities, props, songs, and more to add to the fun!
- Suggestions for how to relationally connect with children in developmentally appropriate ways.
- Opportunities to teach children through multiple pathways: physical (gross and fine motor), social-emotional, sensory, creative, cognitive and intellectual learning.
- A how-to glossary of poses and breathing exercises used in the lesson plan that includes traditional names plus kid-friendly and/or Sanskrit names when appropriate.
NGY Lesson Plans are delivered electronically in PDF format – easy to download & print or view on a tablet or e-reader!