What did Gandhi, Nelson Mandela and Martin Luther King Jr. all have in common? They each had big dreams of peace, freedom, equal rights, and led with love and kindness. Next Generation Yoga’s Lesson Plan, “Dream BIG” will inspire children to dream BIG, share their dreams with others and work towards having the life that is filled with grace and perseverance.
“Dream BIG” is a history lesson about some of the world’s greatest leaders and their big dreams and actions, but it’s not a history lesson you might find in a textbook. This fun and educational NGY Lesson Plan features theme-specific Yoga poses and breathing exercises, as well as an opening meditation and guided visualization to inspire goal setting. To get children in the dream big mindset, it contains a special playlist, group craft and opportunities for social interaction throughout the class. Written by NGY Founder, Jodi Komitor & NGY Teacher, Nicole Koleshis, we’ll show you how to infuse the “Dream BIG” theme into a class, specifically designed for 8-13 yr. olds.
Whether you are a parent, caregiver, an experienced or new Yoga Teacher, this lesson plan is for you and the children in your life any time of the year. It is thoughtfully designed so that everyone can learn and implement something new!
Here’s just some of what you’ll receive:
- Over 15 pages of a clear and easy to follow Lesson Plan, appropriate for kids ages 8-13
- Guidance and support for class set-up & getting started
- Confidence to share a complete lesson full of Yoga poses, breathing exercises and relaxation techniques that incorporate: visual imagery, learning points, sensory integration, creative movement and fun stuff such as books, music, props & crafts
- A proper Yoga flow sequence that is simple to breakdown so you can teach sections or the entire lesson from beginning to end
- Complete Pose Pages with straightforward instructions for how to do the postures, along with traditional and kid-friendly pose names, suggestions for the number of times to repeat each pose, and pose benefits
- Suggestions for authentically connecting with kids
- Inspirations for being a creative and innovative Kids Yoga Teacher
This NGY Lesson Plan is suggested for teaching 8-13 yr. olds and may be enjoyed for 45-60 minutes. It is in PDF format, easy to download & print!
Feelings, Yoga Philosophy
Free Lesson Plan!
Ready to teach kids, but not sure where to start? Get your FREE Kids Yoga Lesson Plan here!"Every Day Mindfulness"
- New Lessons Every Month,
- Kids & Family Poses,
- Breathing Exercises,
- Relaxation Techniques,
- Playlists & more!
PDF format, just download & print!