What did Gandhi, Nelson Mandela, and Martin Luther King Jr. all have in common? They each had big dreams of peace, freedom, equal rights, and led with love and kindness. It is said that no dreamer is ever too small and no dream is ever too big. These words are felt throughout Next Generation Yoga’s Lesson Plan, “Dream BIG,” where children are inspired to reach for the stars and follow their dreams.
In addition to developmentally appropriate and theme-specific Yoga poses and breathing exercises, “Dream BIG” has educational facts about some of the world’s greatest leaders, such as Martin Luther King Jr. Their inspiring words and peaceful messages are woven throughout the plan. This original NGY Lesson Plan also contains a Yoga game, detailed prop and music list, and “Dream BIG” affirmations. As always, there are suggestions for how to share this lesson in a Family Yoga class. Written by NGY Founder, Jodi Komitor & NGY Teacher, Nicole Koleshis, we’ll show you how to infuse the “Dream BIG” theme into a class, specifically designed for 2-7 yr. olds.
Whether you are a parent, school-based educator, or an experienced or new yoga teacher, NGY Lesson Plans are for you and the children in your life. They are thoughtfully designed so that everyone can learn something new.
Here’s just some of what you’ll receive:
- A complete lesson plan for 2-7 year olds that may be enjoyed for 30-45 minutes
- A complete lesson plan for 8-13 year olds that may be enjoyed for 45-60 minutes
- An introduction to successfully sharing Kids Yoga with the children in your life, whether you are a parent, caregiver, a school professional, or an experienced or new Kids Yoga Teacher.
- A detailed and easy to follow script for the teacher/leader.
- A complete Kids Yoga class theme and sequence including an introduction to the topic, breathing exercises, a warm-up, an active pose series, a cool down, and a guided meditation and relaxation exercise. The lesson plan theme works, whether taught from beginning to end or in pieces.
- Ideas for activities, props, songs, and more to add to the fun!
- Suggestions for how to relationally connect with children in developmentally appropriate ways.
- Opportunities to teach children through multiple pathways: physical (gross and fine motor), social-emotional, sensory, creative, cognitive and intellectual learning.
- A how-to glossary of poses and breathing exercises used in the lesson plan that includes traditional names plus kid-friendly and/or Sanskrit names when appropriate.
NGY Lesson Plans are delivered electronically in PDF format – easy to download & print or view on a tablet or e-reader!