Every Day is Earth Day
While the calendar says that April 22nd is the day we should celebrate Earth Day, we at Next Generation Yoga feel that “Every Day is Earth Day!” Written by NGY Founder, Jodi B Komitor & NGY Teacher Puja Shah, this Next Generation Yoga Lesson Plan will show you how to infuse this theme into kids yoga classes specifically designed for 2-7 year olds and 8-13 year olds.
This original Next Generation Yoga Lesson Plan is an adventurous themed yoga class for teaching kids to have gratitude for the Earth. Included are two complete lesson plans that can be used any time of the year: one for 2-7 year olds (30-45 minutes) and one for 8-13 year olds (45-60 minutes).
Whether you are a parent, school-based educator, or an experienced or new Yoga Teacher, this lesson plan is for you and the children in your life. It is thoughtfully designed so that everyone can learn something new!
Here’s just some of what you’ll receive:
- A complete lesson plan for 2-7 year olds that may be enjoyed for 30-45 minutes
- A complete lesson plan for 8-13 year olds that may be enjoyed for 45-60 minutes
- An introduction to successfully sharing Kids Yoga with the children in your life, whether you are a parent, caregiver, a school professional, or an experienced or new Kids Yoga Teacher.
- A detailed and easy to follow script for the teacher/leader.
- A complete Kids Yoga class theme and sequence including an introduction to the topic, breathing exercises, a warm-up, an active pose series, a cool down, and a guided meditation and relaxation exercise. The lesson plan theme works, whether taught from beginning to end or in pieces.
- Ideas for activities, props, songs, and more to add to the fun!
- Suggestions for how to relationally connect with children in developmentally appropriate ways.
- Opportunities to teach children through multiple pathways: physical (gross and fine motor), social-emotional, sensory, creative, cognitive and intellectual learning.
- A how-to glossary of poses and breathing exercises used in the lesson plan that includes traditional names plus kid-friendly and/or Sanskrit names when appropriate.
NGY Lesson Plans are delivered electronically in PDF format – easy to download & print or view on a tablet or e-reader!
There are no reviews yet.