Every Day Mindfulness
Mindfulness is being fully present. It is being aware of where you are and what you are doing. It is not getting annoyed or overwhelmed by what is going on around you. Mindfulness can be practiced all day, every day, and the result is a less reactive and happier life. Next Generation Yoga’s Lesson Plan: “Every Day Mindfulness” introduces 8-13 yr. olds to the powerful practice of mindfulness.
This original NGY Lesson Plan features 10+ mindfulness activities, such as Mindful Warriors, Mindful Eating and a partner Yoga mindfulness exercise. With easy-to-follow, step-by-step instructions, “Every Day Mindfulness” allows 8-13 yr. olds to learn about and practice the importance of mindfulness. Written by NGY Founder, Jodi Komitor, & NGY Teacher, Nicole Koleshis, we’ll show you how to infuse the “Every Day Mindfulness” theme into a class, specifically designed for 8-13 yr. olds.
Whether you are a parent, caregiver, an experienced or new Yoga Teacher, this lesson plan is for you and the children in your life any time of the year. It is thoughtfully designed so that everyone can learn and implement something new!
Here’s just some of what you’ll receive:
- Over 14 pages of a clear and easy to follow Lesson Plan, appropriate for kids ages 8-13
- Guidance and support for class set-up & getting started
- Confidence to share a complete lesson full of Yoga poses, breathing exercises and relaxation techniques that incorporate: visual imagery, learning points, sensory integration, creative movement and fun stuff such as books, music, props & crafts
- A proper Yoga flow sequence that is simple to breakdown so you can teach sections or the entire lesson from beginning to end
- Complete Pose Pages with straightforward instructions for how to do the postures, along with traditional and kid-friendly pose names, suggestions for the number of times to repeat each pose, and pose benefits
- Suggestions for authentically connecting with kids
- Inspirations for being a creative and innovative Kids Yoga Teacher
This NGY Lesson Plan is suggested for teaching 8-13 yr. olds and may be enjoyed for 45-60 minutes. It is in PDF format, easy to download & print!
Feelings, Human Body, Yoga Philosophy
Free Lesson Plan!
Ready to teach kids, but not sure where to start? Get your FREE Kids Yoga Lesson Plan here!"Every Day Mindfulness"
- New Lessons Every Month,
- Kids & Family Poses,
- Breathing Exercises,
- Relaxation Techniques,
- Playlists & more!
PDF format, just download & print!