From Farm to Table
Head to the farm with Next Generation Yoga’s Lesson Plan, “From Farm to Table!” The easy to follow, step-by-step instructions will have you leading children on an adventure from meeting friendly farm animals to learning about different farm crops and working together to prepare a farm to table feast.
“From Farm to Table” is a fun and educational lesson plan full of age-appropriate Yoga poses, music recommendations, prop suggestions and many opportunities for children to share their personal experiences at the farm. Expressing gratitude for our food and how it is grown is woven throughout the class. And no trip to the farm is complete without a ride on a tractor! Written by NGY Founder, Jodi B Komitor & NGY Teacher Nicole Koleshis, this Lesson Plan will show you how to infuse the “From Farm to Table” theme into a Kids Yoga class, specifically designed for 2-7 and 8-13 year olds. We guarantee children will enjoy the “From Farm to Table” theme all year-round!
Whether you are a parent, school-based educator, or an experienced or new yoga teacher, NGY Lesson Plans are for you and the children in your life. They are thoughtfully designed so that everyone can learn something new.
Here’s just some of what you’ll receive:
- A complete lesson plan for 2-7 year olds that may be enjoyed for 30-45 minutes
- A complete lesson plan for 8-13 year olds that may be enjoyed for 45-60 minutes
- An introduction to successfully sharing Kids Yoga with the children in your life, whether you are a parent, caregiver, a school professional, or an experienced or new Kids Yoga Teacher.
- A detailed and easy to follow script for the teacher/leader.
- A complete Kids Yoga class theme and sequence including an introduction to the topic, breathing exercises, a warm-up, an active pose series, a cool down, and a guided meditation and relaxation exercise. The lesson plan theme works, whether taught from beginning to end or in pieces.
- Ideas for activities, props, songs, and more to add to the fun!
- Suggestions for how to relationally connect with children in developmentally appropriate ways.
- Opportunities to teach children through multiple pathways: physical (gross and fine motor), social-emotional, sensory, creative, cognitive and intellectual learning.
- A how-to glossary of poses and breathing exercises used in the lesson plan that includes traditional names plus kid-friendly and/or Sanskrit names when appropriate.
NGY Lesson Plans are delivered electronically in PDF format – easy to download & print or view on a tablet or e-reader!