From Heels to Head
From the heels to the head, there are many parts of our body that begin with the letter H. Stretch, move, relax and thank these body parts with Next Generation Yoga’s Lesson Plan, “From Heels to Head.”
Complete with theme-specific Yoga poses, music recommendations and a special guided visualization, this lesson plan is fun and beneficial for children and adults alike. Written by NGY Founder, Jodi B Komitor & NGY Teacher Nicole Koleshis, This original Next Generation Yoga Lesson Plan encourages group participation, opportunities for free expression and provides an educational experience for children (and families). It is a mini-anatomy lesson within a yoga class!
Whether you are a parent, school-based educator, an experienced or new Yoga Teacher, this lesson plan is for you and the children in your life. It is thoughtfully designed so that everyone can learn something new!
Here’s just some of what you’ll receive:
- Over 8 pages of clear and easy to follow lesson plan appropriate for kids ages 2-7
- Guidance and support for class set-up & getting started
- A lesson full of yoga poses, breathing exercises and relaxation techniques that incorporate: visual imagery, learning points, sensory integration, creative movement and fun stuff such as books, music, props & crafts
- Learn the proper yoga flow sequence that is simple to break down so you can teach sections or the entire lesson from beginning to end
- Complete Pose Pages with straightforward instructions for how to do the poses, along with traditional and kid-friendly pose names, suggestions for the number of times to repeat each pose, and pose benefits
- Guidance for authentically connecting with kids
- Inspirations for being a creative and innovative Kids Yoga Teacher
This NGY Lesson Plan is suggested for teaching 2-7 yr. olds and may be enjoyed for 30-45 minutes. It is in PDF format, easy to download & print!
Feelings, Human Body
Free Lesson Plan!
Ready to teach kids, but not sure where to start? Get your FREE Kids Yoga Lesson Plan here!"Every Day Mindfulness"
- New Lessons Every Month,
- Kids & Family Poses,
- Breathing Exercises,
- Relaxation Techniques,
- Playlists & more!
PDF format, just download & print!