From Heels to Head
There are 10 parts of our body that begin with the letter H. Stretch, strengthen, move and thank these body parts with Next Generation Yoga’s Lesson Plan, “From Heels to Head.”
Complete with age-appropriate Yoga poses, music recommendations, themespecific guided meditations and a dance party, this lesson plan takes 8-13 yr. olds on a fun and educational exploration focused on the parts of the body that begin with the letter H. Written by NGY Founder, Jodi B Komitor & NGY Teacher Nicole Koleshis, this Next Generation Yoga Lesson Plan will show you how to infuse the “From Heels to Head” theme into a Kids Yoga class, specifically designed for 8-13 yr. olds.
This original Next Generation Yoga Lesson Plan encourages group participation, opportunities for free expression and provides a body-based educational experience. It is a mini-anatomy lesson within a yoga class!
Whether you are a parent, school-based educator, an experienced or new Yoga Teacher, this lesson plan is for you and the children in your life. It is thoughtfully designed so that everyone can learn something new!
Here’s just some of what you’ll receive:
- Over 10 pages of clear and easy to follow lesson plan appropriate for kids ages 8-13
- Guidance and support for class set-up & getting started
- A lesson full of yoga poses, breathing exercises and relaxation techniques that incorporate: visual imagery, learning points, sensory integration, creative movement and fun stuff such as books, music, props & crafts
- Learn the proper yoga flow sequence that is simple to break down so you can teach sections or the entire lesson from beginning to end
- Complete Pose Pages with straightforward instructions for how to do the poses, along with traditional and kid-friendly pose names, suggestions for the number of times to repeat each pose, and pose benefits
- Guidance for authentically connecting with kids
- Inspirations for being a creative and innovative Kids Yoga Teacher
This NGY Lesson Plan is suggested for teaching 8-13 yr. olds and may be enjoyed for 45-60 minutes. It is in PDF format, easy to download & print!
Feelings, Human Body