From Heels to Head
From the heels to the head, there are many parts of our body that begin with the letter H. Stretch, move, relax and thank these body parts with Next Generation Yoga’s Lesson Plan, “From Heels to Head.”
Complete with theme-specific Yoga poses, music recommendations and a special guided visualization, this lesson plan is fun and beneficial for children and adults alike. Written by NGY Founder, Jodi B Komitor & NGY Teacher Nicole Koleshis,
This original Next Generation Yoga Lesson Plan encourages group participation, opportunities for free expression and provides an educational experience for children (and families). It is a mini-anatomy lesson within a yoga class!
Whether you are a parent, school-based educator, or an experienced or new yoga teacher, NGY Lesson Plans are for you and the children in your life. They are thoughtfully designed so that everyone can learn something new.
Here’s just some of what you’ll receive:
- A complete lesson plan for 2-7 year olds that may be enjoyed for 30-45 minutes
- A complete lesson plan for 8-13 year olds that may be enjoyed for 45-60 minutes
- An introduction to successfully sharing Kids Yoga with the children in your life, whether you are a parent, caregiver, a school professional, or an experienced or new Kids Yoga Teacher.
- A detailed and easy to follow script for the teacher/leader.
- A complete Kids Yoga class theme and sequence including an introduction to the topic, breathing exercises, a warm-up, an active pose series, a cool down, and a guided meditation and relaxation exercise. The lesson plan theme works, whether taught from beginning to end or in pieces.
- Ideas for activities, props, songs, and more to add to the fun!
- Suggestions for how to relationally connect with children in developmentally appropriate ways.
- Opportunities to teach children through multiple pathways: physical (gross and fine motor), social-emotional, sensory, creative, cognitive and intellectual learning.
- A how-to glossary of poses and breathing exercises used in the lesson plan that includes traditional names plus kid-friendly and/or Sanskrit names when appropriate.
NGY Lesson Plans are delivered electronically in PDF format – easy to download & print or view on a tablet or e-reader!