Giving and Receiving
Give a smile, receive a smile. Give a high foot-five, receive a high foot-five. Give peace, receive peace. These are just some of the acts of giving and receiving found in the Next Generation Yoga’s Lesson Plan, “Giving and Receiving.”
“Giving and Receiving,” inspired by Deepak Chopra’s The Seven Spiritual Laws of Success, teaches kids about compassion, kindness and generosity through age-appropriate Yoga poses, theme-specific creative movements and a sweet guided meditation. As always, musical recommendations and prop suggestions are included to make this theme fun and engaging for big and little yogis alike. Written by NGY Founder, Jodi B Komitor & NGY Teacher Nicole Koleshis, this Next Generation Yoga Lesson Plan will show you how to infuse the “Giving and Receiving” theme into a Yoga class, specifically designed for 2-7 yr. olds.
Whether you are a parent, school-based educator, an experienced or new Yoga Teacher, this lesson plan is for you and the children in your life. It is thoughtfully designed so that everyone can implement and learn something new!
Here’s just some of what you’ll receive:
- Over 11 pages of clear and easy to follow lesson plan appropriate for kids ages 2-7
- Guidance and support for class set-up & getting started
- A lesson full of yoga poses, breathing exercises and relaxation techniques that incorporate: visual imagery, learning points, sensory integration, creative movement and fun stuff such as books, music, props & crafts
- Learn the proper yoga flow sequence that is simple to break down so you can teach sections or the entire lesson from beginning to end
- Complete Pose Pages with straightforward instructions for how to do the poses, along with traditional and kid-friendly pose names, suggestions for the number of times to repeat each pose, and pose benefits
- Guidance for authentically connecting with kids
- Inspirations for being a creative and innovative Kids Yoga Teacher
This NGY Lesson Plan is suggested for teaching 2-7 yr. olds and may be enjoyed for 30-45 minutes. It is in PDF format, easy to download & print!
Family, Feelings, Holidays, Yoga Philosophy