Gratitude is Our Attitude
Embark on a journey of giving thanks to the people, places, and things in your life that you are grateful for with the Next Generation Yoga’s Lesson Plan, “Gratitude is Our Attitude.” By teaching children how to express gratitude through the practice of Yoga, the learning becomes movement-based and the gratitude is felt throughout the body and mind.
Give thanks for healthy foods, the sound of laughter and the colors of the rainbow with kid-friendly Yoga poses, creative movements, and songs. Complete with fun educational facts, musical recommendations and suggestions for family partner poses; children cultivate a deep attitude of gratitude to be expressed all year long. Written by NGY Founder, Jodi B Komitor & NGY Teacher Nicole Koleshis, this Next Generation Yoga Lesson Plan will show you how to infuse the “Gratitude is Our Attitude” theme into a Kids Yoga class, specifically designed for 2-7 and 8-13 year olds.
This original Next Generation Yoga Lesson Plan opens the eyes (and ears, mind, and heart) to everything that surrounds us that we have to be grateful for. It takes children (and families) on a sensory-rich journey to discover and acknowledge the gratitude in our lives. Included are two complete lesson plans that can be used at any time of the year: one for 2-7 year olds (30-45 minutes) and one for 8-13 year olds (45-60 minutes).
Whether you are a parent, school-based educator, or an experienced or new yoga teacher, NGY Lesson Plans are for you and the children in your life. They are thoughtfully designed so that everyone can learn something new.
Here’s just some of what you’ll receive:
- A complete lesson plan for 2-7 year olds that may be enjoyed for 30-45 minutes
- A complete lesson plan for 8-13 year olds that may be enjoyed for 45-60 minutes
- An introduction to successfully sharing Kids Yoga with the children in your life, whether you are a parent, caregiver, a school professional, or an experienced or new Kids Yoga Teacher.
- A detailed and easy to follow script for the teacher/leader.
- A complete Kids Yoga class theme and sequence including an introduction to the topic, breathing exercises, a warm-up, an active pose series, a cool down, and a guided meditation and relaxation exercise. The lesson plan theme works, whether taught from beginning to end or in pieces.
- Ideas for activities, props, songs, and more to add to the fun!
- Suggestions for how to relationally connect with children in developmentally appropriate ways.
- Opportunities to teach children through multiple pathways: physical (gross and fine motor), social-emotional, sensory, creative, cognitive and intellectual learning.
- A how-to glossary of poses and breathing exercises used in the lesson plan that includes traditional names plus kid-friendly and/or Sanskrit names when appropriate.
NGY Lesson Plans are delivered electronically in PDF format – easy to download & print or view on a tablet or e-reader!