Gratitude is Our Attitude
Embark on a journey of giving thanks to the people, places and things in your life that you are grateful for with the Next Generation Yoga’s Lesson Plan, “Gratitude is Our Attitude.” By teaching children how to express gratitude through the practice of Yoga, the learning becomes movement-based and the gratitude is felt throughout the body and mind.
This lesson is ideal for use throughout the entire year, and not just during the Thanksgiving holiday season.
Give thanks for healthy foods, the sound of laughter and the colors of the rainbow with kid-friendly Yoga poses, creative movements and songs. Complete with fun educational facts, musical recommendations and suggestions for family partner poses; children cultivate a deep attitude of gratitude to be expressed all year long. Written by NGY Founder, Jodi B Komitor & NGY Teacher Nicole Koleshis, this Next Generation Yoga Lesson Plan will show you how to infuse the “Gratitude is Our Attitude” theme into a Kids Yoga class, specifically designed for 2-7 yr. olds.
This original Next Generation Yoga Lesson Plan opens the eyes (and ears, mind and heart) to everything that surrounds us that we have to be grateful for. It takes children (and families) on a sensory-rich journey to discover and acknowledge the gratitude in our lives.
Whether you are a parent, school-based educator, an experienced or new Yoga Teacher, this lesson plan is for you and the children in your life. It is thoughtfully designed so that everyone can learn something new!
Here’s just some of what you’ll receive:
- A lesson plan in a clear and easy to follow format
- Guidance and support for getting started
- A lesson full of yoga poses, breathing exercises and relaxation techniques that incorporate: visual imagery, learning points, sensory integration, creative movement and fun stuff such as books, music, props & crafts
- Learn the proper yoga flow sequence that is simple to break down so you can teach sections or the entire lesson from beginning to end
- Complete Pose Pages with straightforward instructions for how to do the poses, along with traditional and kid-friendly pose names, suggestions for the number of times to repeat each pose, and pose benefits
- Guidance for authentically connecting with kids
- Inspirations for being a creative and innovative Kids Yoga Teacher
This NGY Lesson Plan is suggested for teaching 2-7 yr. olds and may be enjoyed for 30-45 minutes. It is in PDF format, easy to download & print!
Family, Feelings, Holidays, Human Body, Teamwork
Free Lesson Plan!
Ready to teach kids, but not sure where to start? Get your FREE Kids Yoga Lesson Plan here!"Every Day Mindfulness"
- New Lessons Every Month,
- Kids & Family Poses,
- Breathing Exercises,
- Relaxation Techniques,
- Playlists & more!
PDF format, just download & print!