Gratitude is Our Attitude
This lesson is ideal for use throughout the entire year, and not just during the Thanksgiving holiday season.
Cultivate an attitude of gratitude for different parts of the body with traditional yoga poses, breathing exercises and creative movements. Feel good in the body and mind with Yoga Sun Dancing. Start a daily gratitude journal and reflect on the things you are grateful for during a guided visualization. These are some of the powerful practices found in the “Gratitude is Our Attitude” lesson plan. Written by NGY Founder, Jodi B Komitor & NGY Teacher Nicole Koleshis, this Next Generation Yoga Lesson Plan will show you how to infuse the “Gratitude is Our Attitude” theme into a Kids Yoga class, specifically designed for 8-13 yr. olds.
This original Next Generation Yoga Lesson Plan is sure to make kids feel strong, flexible, relaxed and healthy in their bodies and minds using a creative, educational and mindful approach.
Whether you are a parent, school-based educator, an experienced or new Yoga Teacher, this lesson plan is for you and the children in your life. It is thoughtfully designed so that everyone can learn something new!
Here’s just some of what you’ll receive:
- A lesson plan in a clear and easy to follow format
- Guidance and support for getting started
- A lesson full of yoga poses, breathing exercises and relaxation techniques that incorporate: visual imagery, learning points, sensory integration, creative movement and fun stuff such as books, music, props & crafts
- Learn the proper yoga flow sequence that is simple to break down so you can teach sections or the entire lesson from beginning to end
- Complete Pose Pages with straightforward instructions for how to do the poses, along with traditional and kid-friendly pose names, suggestions for the number of times to repeat each pose, and pose benefits
- Guidance for authentically connecting with kids
- Inspirations for being a creative and innovative Kids Yoga Teacher
This NGY Lesson Plan is suggested for teaching 8-13 yr. olds and may be enjoyed for 45-60 minutes. It is in PDF format, easy to download & print!
Family, Feelings, Holidays, Human Body, Teamwork