How Does Your Garden Grow
$17.95 – $28.70
Buy both age groups and save 20%!
From nutrient-rich soil to a bountiful harvest, this Next Generation Yoga Lesson Plan: “How Does Your Garden Grow” takes you on a sensory journey full of yoga fun through the growing of a garden! Inspired by the classic nursery rhyme, “Mary, Mary Quite Contrary,” this lesson plan teaches kids about the interconnectedness of plants, insects, and people in a garden’s growing process.
This original NGY Lesson Plan features yoga poses and creative movements to teach kids about how a garden grows, inspiring tunes, a guided meditation and an opportunity for the children to become a powerful rainstorm, helping a garden grow. “How Does Your Garden Grow” contains easy to follow, step-by-step instructions and as always, there are suggestions to add even more fun to the class. Written by NGY Founder, Jodi Komitor and NGY Storyteller, Sarah Henderson, we’ll show you how to infuse the “How Does Your Garden Grow” theme into a class, specifically designed for 2-7 yr. olds and 8-13 yr. olds.
Whether you are a parent, caregiver, an experienced or new Yoga Teacher, this lesson plan is for you and the children in your life any time of the year. It is thoughtfully designed so that everyone can learn and implement something new!
Here’s just some of what you’ll get:
- Over 12 pages of a clear and easy to follow Lesson Plan, appropriate for kids ages 2-7 or 8-13
- Guidance and support for class set-up & getting started
- Confidence to share a complete lesson full of Yoga poses, breathing exercises and relaxation techniques that incorporate: visual imagery, learning points, sensory integration, creative movement and fun stuff such as books, music, & props
- A proper Yoga flow sequence that is simple to breakdown so you can teach sections or the entire lesson from beginning to end
- Complete Pose Pages with straightforward instructions for how to do the postures, along with traditional and kid-friendly pose names, suggestions for the number of times to repeat each pose, and pose benefits
- Suggestions for authentically connecting with kids
- Inspirations for being a creative and innovative Kids Yoga Teacher
NGY Lesson Plans are delivered electronically in PDF format – easy to download & print or view on a tablet or e-reader!