I am a Superhero 2.0
a Yoga + MIndfulness Lesson Plan for ages 2-13
If you liked the Next Generation Yoga Lesson Plan: “I am a Superhero,” you’re going to love the NGY Lesson Plan: “I am a Superhero 2.0.” This upgraded NGY Lesson Plan is filled with even more positive affirmations to bring out the superhero found within all of us. Through Yoga poses and games, Creative Movements, guided visualizations and more, children have the opportunity to express powerful “I am…” statements that can be taken off the mat into everyday life. “I am a Superhero 2.0” is a valuable tool for bringing out the superhero in every child.
I am a Superhero 2.0 for 2-7 year olds: This self-confidence, self-esteem and self-love building NGY Lesson Planweaves in positive affirmations throughout the class and gives children the opportunity to practice expressing powerful “I am…” statements. What we think, we create and the lessons learned in this class can be taken off the mat into everyday life. As always, there are suggestions for how to share this lesson in a Family Yoga class.
I am a Superhero 2.0 for 8-13 year olds: The Four Agreements, by Don Miguel Ruiz, including speaking with truth, not taking things personally, not making assumptions and always doing your best are woven throughout this original NGY Lesson Plan.
Written by NGY Founder Jodi Komitor and NGY Teacher Nicole Koleshis, we’ll show you how to infuse the “I am a Superhero 2.0” theme into a class, specifically designed for 2-7 and 8-13 year olds.
Whether you are a parent, caregiver, an experienced or new Yoga Teacher, these lesson plans are for you and the children in your life any time of the year. They are thoughtfully designed so that everyone can learn and implement something new!
Here’s just some of what you’ll receive:
- A complete lesson plan for 2-7 year olds that may be enjoyed for 30-45 minutes
- A complete lesson plan for 8-13 year olds that may be enjoyed for 45-60 minutes
- Guidance and support for class set-up & getting started
- Confidence to share a complete lesson full of Yoga poses, breathing exercises and relaxation techniques that incorporate: visual imagery, learning points, sensory integration, creative movement and fun stuff such as books, music, props & crafts
- A proper Yoga flow sequence that is simple to breakdown so you can teach sections or the entire lesson from beginning to end
- Complete Pose Pages with straightforward instructions for how to do the postures, along with traditional and kid-friendly pose names, suggestions for the number of times to repeat each pose, and pose benefits
- Suggestions for authentically connecting with kids
- Inspirations for being a creative and innovative Kids Yoga Teacher
NGY Lesson Plans are delivered electronically in PDF format – easy to download & print or view on a tablet or e-reader!
Click here to see a sample of the 2-7 year old lesson plan.
Click here to see a sample of the 8-13 year old lesson plan.
There are no reviews yet.