I am a Superhero
The Next Generation Yoga’s, “I am a Superhero” Lesson Plan uses the power of positive affirmations to bring out the superhero found within all of us. Put on your inner superhero cape and get ready to make the world a better place by shining your love and inner strength, sharing your kindness and peace, and practicing self-care and compassion!
This self-confidence, self-esteem and self-love building lesson plan weaves positive affirmations throughout the class and gives children the opportunity to practice expressing powerful “I am…” statements. What we think, we create and the lessons learned in this class can be taken off the mat into everyday life. Complete with mindful and kid-friendly yoga poses and breathing exercises, a guided visualization, and musical recommendations, this lesson plan is a valuable tool for bringing out the superhero in every child. Written by NGY Founder,Jodi B Komitor & NGY Teacher Nicole Koleshis, this Next Generation Yoga Lesson Plan will show you how to infuse this powerful theme into a Kids Yoga class that is designed specifically for 2-7 yr. olds.
This original Next Generation Yoga Lesson Plan, of more than 14 pages, is an empowering and joyful way for children to receive the benefits of an affirmation practice through a fun and inspiring yoga class.
Whether you are a parent, school-based educator, or an experienced or new yoga teacher, this lesson plan is for you and the children in your life. It is thoughtfully designed so that everyone can learn something new!
Here’s just some of what you’ll receive:
- A lesson plan in a clear and easy to follow format
- Guidance and support for getting started
- A lesson full of yoga poses, breathing exercises and relaxation techniques that incorporate: visual imagery, learning points, sensory integration, creative movement and fun stuff such as books, music, props & crafts
- Learn the proper yoga flow sequence that is simple to break down so you can teach sections or the entire lesson from beginning to end
- Complete Pose Pages with straightforward instructions for how to do the poses, along with traditional and kid-friendly pose names, suggestions for the number of times to repeat each pose, and pose benefits
- Guidance for authentically connecting with kids
- Inspirations for being a creative and innovative Kids Yoga Teacher
This NGY Lesson Plan is suggested for teaching 2-7 yr. olds and may be enjoyed for 30-45 minutes. It is in PDF format, easy to download & print!
Adventure, Feelings, Human Body, Yoga Philosophy
Free Lesson Plan!
Ready to teach kids, but not sure where to start? Get your FREE Kids Yoga Lesson Plan here!"Every Day Mindfulness"
- New Lessons Every Month,
- Kids & Family Poses,
- Breathing Exercises,
- Relaxation Techniques,
- Playlists & more!
PDF format, just download & print!