I am a Superhero
The Next Generation Yoga “I am a Superhero” Lesson Plan uses the power of positive affirmations to bring out the superhero found within all of us. Put on your inner superhero cape and get ready to make the world a better place by shining your love and inner strength, sharing your kindness and peace, and practicing self-care and compassion! There are superhero qualities, and powers, found within all of us and through the practice of yoga, we can shine bold and bright.
This self-confidence, self-esteem and self-love building lesson plan weaves positive affirmations throughout the class and gives children the opportunity to practice expressing powerful “I am…” statements. What we think, we create and the lessons learned in this class can be taken off the mat into everyday life. Complete with mindful and kid-friendly yoga poses and breathing exercises, a guided visualization, and musical recommendations, this lesson plan is a valuable tool for bringing out the superhero in every child. Written by NGY Founder, Jodi B Komitor & NGY Teacher Nicole Koleshis, this Next Generation Yoga Lesson Plan will show you how to infuse this powerful theme into a Kids Yoga class that is designed specifically for 2-7 and 8-13 year olds.
This original Next Generation Yoga Lesson Plan is an empowering and joyful way for children to receive the benefits of an affirmation practice through a fun and inspiring yoga class. Included are two complete lesson plans that can be used at any time of the year: one for 2-7 year olds (30-45 minutes) and one for 8-13 year olds (45-60 minutes).
Whether you are a parent, school-based educator, or an experienced or new yoga teacher, NGY Lesson Plans are for you and the children in your life. They are thoughtfully designed so that everyone can learn something new.
Here’s just some of what you’ll receive:
- A complete lesson plan for 2-7 year olds that may be enjoyed for 30-45 minutes
- A complete lesson plan for 8-13 year olds that may be enjoyed for 45-60 minutes
- An introduction to successfully sharing Kids Yoga with the children in your life, whether you are a parent, caregiver, a school professional, or an experienced or new Kids Yoga Teacher.
- A detailed and easy to follow script for the teacher/leader.
- A complete Kids Yoga class theme and sequence including an introduction to the topic, breathing exercises, a warm-up, an active pose series, a cool down, and a guided meditation and relaxation exercise. The lesson plan theme works, whether taught from beginning to end or in pieces.
- Ideas for activities, props, songs, and more to add to the fun!
- Suggestions for how to relationally connect with children in developmentally appropriate ways.
- Opportunities to teach children through multiple pathways: physical (gross and fine motor), social-emotional, sensory, creative, cognitive and intellectual learning.
- A how-to glossary of poses and breathing exercises used in the lesson plan that includes traditional names plus kid-friendly and/or Sanskrit names when appropriate.
NGY Lesson Plans are delivered electronically in PDF format – easy to download & print or view on a tablet or e-reader!