I Heart New York
Next Generation Yoga hearts New York so very much that we dedicated an entire Lesson Plan to show our love! NGY was founded in NYC in 1998 and grew from a small dream in the city where anything is possible. Next Generation Yoga’s Lesson Plan: “I Heart New York” takes you to all 5 boroughs of NYC to visit famous places and experience the fun and excitement of the big city.
From visiting the Empire State Building to riding the Coney Island Cyclone to listening to jazz in Harlem to eating world-famous pizza to playing the field at Yankee Stadium, “I Heart New York” is a non-stop adventure in the city that never sleeps. This original NGY Lesson Plan has a New York inspired playlist, a special meditation and a section with tips, activities and additional props to make this theme fun and inspiring every time it is taught. There are also suggestions for how to share this lesson in a Family Yoga class. Written by NGY Founder, Jodi Komitor & NGY Teacher, Nicole Koleshis, we’ll show you how to infuse the “I Heart New York” theme into a class, specifically designed for 2-7 and 8-13 year olds.
Whether you are a parent, school-based educator, or an experienced or new yoga teacher, NGY Lesson Plans are for you and the children in your life. They are thoughtfully designed so that everyone can learn something new.
Here’s just some of what you’ll receive:
- A complete lesson plan for 2-7 year olds that may be enjoyed for 30-45 minutes
- A complete lesson plan for 8-13 year olds that may be enjoyed for 45-60 minutes
- An introduction to successfully sharing Kids Yoga with the children in your life, whether you are a parent, caregiver, a school professional, or an experienced or new Kids Yoga Teacher.
- A detailed and easy to follow script for the teacher/leader.
- A complete Kids Yoga class theme and sequence including an introduction to the topic, breathing exercises, a warm-up, an active pose series, a cool down, and a guided meditation and relaxation exercise. The lesson plan theme works, whether taught from beginning to end or in pieces.
- Ideas for activities, props, songs, and more to add to the fun!
- Suggestions for how to relationally connect with children in developmentally appropriate ways.
- Opportunities to teach children through multiple pathways: physical (gross and fine motor), social-emotional, sensory, creative, cognitive and intellectual learning.
- A how-to glossary of poses and breathing exercises used in the lesson plan that includes traditional names plus kid-friendly and/or Sanskrit names when appropriate.
NGY Lesson Plans are delivered electronically in PDF format – easy to download & print or view on a tablet or e-reader!