Imagine a Rainforest
Discover the beauty and wonder of the rainforest with Next Generation Yoga’s Lesson Plan, “Imagine a Rainforest.” In this Lesson Plan, you and the children you teach will meet slow moving sloths, howling monkeys, brightly colored birds and slithering snakes. Turn on your imagination and journey into one of our planet’s most important and fascinating places!
“Imagine a Rainforest” comes alive with kid-friendly Yoga poses, guided visualizations and fascinating learning points. Musical recommendations, prop suggestions and creative movement ideas are also included to make this theme fun and engaging for big and little yogis alike. Written by NGY Founder, Jodi B Komitor & NGY Teacher Nicole Koleshis, this Next Generation Yoga Lesson Plan will show you how to infuse the “Imagine a Rainforest” theme into a Yoga class, specifically designed for 2-7 yr. olds.
Whether you are a parent, school-based educator, an experienced or new Yoga Teacher, this lesson plan is for you and the children in your life. It is thoughtfully designed so that everyone can implement and learn something new!
Here’s just some of what you’ll receive:
- Over 11 pages of clear and easy to follow lesson plan appropriate for kids ages 2-7
- Guidance and support for class set-up & getting started
- A lesson full of yoga poses, breathing exercises and relaxation techniques that incorporate: visual imagery, learning points, sensory integration, creative movement and fun stuff such as books, music, props & crafts
- Learn the proper yoga flow sequence that is simple to break down so you can teach sections or the entire lesson from beginning to end
- Complete Pose Pages with straightforward instructions for how to do the poses, along with traditional and kid-friendly pose names, suggestions for the number of times to repeat each pose, and pose benefits
- Guidance for authentically connecting with kids
- Inspirations for being a creative and innovative Kids Yoga Teacher
This NGY Lesson Plan is suggested for teaching 2-7 yr. olds and may be enjoyed for 30-45 minutes. It is in PDF format, easy to download & print!