Imagine a Rainforest
The Amazon rainforest is the world’s largest rainforest and home to beautiful and fascinating animals, plants and people. Explore this captivating and endangered place with Next Generation Yoga’s Lesson Plan, “Imagine a Rainforest.” Learn more about the people, plants, and animals of the Amazon and what you can do to help preserve this magical and important land.
“Imagine a Rainforest” comes alive with kid-friendly Yoga poses, guided visualizations, and fascinating learning points. Musical recommendations, prop suggestions and creative movement ideas are also included to make this theme fun and engaging for big and little yogis alike. In addition to the lighthearted and fun content, this lesson plan offers ideas for how children can get involved to keep the Amazon vibrant and maintained for future generations.
Written by NGY Founder, Jodi B Komitor & NGY Teacher Nicole Koleshis, this Next Generation Yoga Lesson Plan will show you how to infuse the “Imagine a Rainforest” theme into a Yoga class, specifically designed for 2-7 and 8-13 year olds.
Whether you are a parent, school-based educator, or an experienced or new yoga teacher, NGY Lesson Plans are for you and the children in your life. They are thoughtfully designed so that everyone can learn something new.
Here’s just some of what you’ll receive:
- A complete lesson plan for 2-7 year olds that may be enjoyed for 30-45 minutes
- A complete lesson plan for 8-13 year olds that may be enjoyed for 45-60 minutes
- An introduction to successfully sharing Kids Yoga with the children in your life, whether you are a parent, caregiver, a school professional, or an experienced or new Kids Yoga Teacher.
- A detailed and easy to follow script for the teacher/leader.
- A complete Kids Yoga class theme and sequence including an introduction to the topic, breathing exercises, a warm-up, an active pose series, a cool down, and a guided meditation and relaxation exercise. The lesson plan theme works, whether taught from beginning to end or in pieces.
- Ideas for activities, props, songs, and more to add to the fun!
- Suggestions for how to relationally connect with children in developmentally appropriate ways.
- Opportunities to teach children through multiple pathways: physical (gross and fine motor), social-emotional, sensory, creative, cognitive and intellectual learning.
- A how-to glossary of poses and breathing exercises used in the lesson plan that includes traditional names plus kid-friendly and/or Sanskrit names when appropriate.
NGY Lesson Plans are delivered electronically in PDF format – easy to download & print or view on a tablet or e-reader!
There are no reviews yet.