In The Kitchen
Cooking and baking. These activities are part of everyday life, but that doesn’t mean they can’t be lots of fun! Come along for this yoga and mindfulness lesson plan adventure from Next Generation Yoga as we go In The Kitchen!
In The Kitchen for 2-7 year olds (30-45 minutes) guides kids through a day of food prep…breakfast, lunch, dinner, and dessert. Learn about nutritious fruits and veggies and safety strategies to use while cooking and baking enhanced with yoga, creative movement, music and song, and more! The visualized meditation at the end invites children to reflect on a fun day making food. Join us In The Kitchen!
In The Kitchen! for 8-13 year olds (45-60 minutes) allows children to plan and prepare for a dinner party by shopping for groceries at a Farmers Market, making dinner and dessert, and setting the table in preparation for their dinner party guests through yoga, creative movement, music, and more. The visualized meditation at the end invites children to reflect on how they would throw their own dinner party. Join us In The Kitchen!
Here’s just some of what you’ll receive:
- A complete lesson plan for 2-7 year olds that may be enjoyed for 30-45 minutes
- A complete lesson plan for 8-13 year olds that may be enjoyed for 45-60 minutes
- An introduction to successfully sharing Kids Yoga with the children in your life, whether you are a parent, caregiver, a school professional, or an experienced or new Kids Yoga Teacher.
- A detailed and easy to follow script for the teacher/leader.
- A complete Kids Yoga class theme and sequence including an introduction to the topic, breathing exercises, a warm-up, an active pose series, a cool down, and a guided meditation and relaxation exercise. The lesson plan theme works, whether taught from beginning to end or in pieces.
- Ideas for activities, props, songs, and more to add to the fun!
- Suggestions for how to relationally connect with children in developmentally appropriate ways.
- Opportunities to teach children through multiple pathways: physical (gross and fine motor), social-emotional, sensory, creative, cognitive and intellectual learning.
- A how-to glossary of poses and breathing exercises used in the lesson plan that includes traditional names plus kid-friendly and/or Sanskrit names when appropriate.
- And a one-page lesson plan “cheat sheet” — a quick guide for handy reference.
NGY Lesson Plans are delivered electronically in PDF format – easy to download & print or view on a tablet or e-reader!
Free Lesson Plan!
Ready to teach kids, but not sure where to start? Get your FREE Kids Yoga Lesson Plan here!"Every Day Mindfulness"