Kindness is telling someone why they are special to you, doing a house chore without anyone asking you to do so, opening a door for a stranger, picking up litter, donating toys and outgrown clothes, and taking care of yourself by practicing Yoga. Next Generation Yoga’s Lesson Plan, “Kindness Matters” weaves these concepts and more into an educational and fun-filled Yoga class, where love and kindness are the focus.
In addition to theme-specific Yoga poses, creative movements, breathing exercises and opportunities for relaxation, this Next Generation Yoga Lesson Plan has a loving-kindness meditation woven throughout and introduces the ancient and beautiful Hawaiian practice, Hoʻoponopono, as a guided visualization. Also included are a rockin’ playlist, Sanskrit chanting and partner poses all which cultivate kindness. “Kindness Matters” is inspired by the Kids for Peace motto: Kindness Matters™ as we at Next Generation Yoga are deeply grateful for the work Kids for Peace® is sharing with the world. Written by NGY Founder, Jodi B Komitor & NGY Teacher Nicole Koleshis, this Next Generation Yoga Lesson Plan will show you how to infuse the “Kindness Matters” theme into a Yoga class, specifically designed for 2-7 and 8-13 year olds.
Whether you are a parent, school-based educator, or an experienced or new yoga teacher, NGY Lesson Plans are for you and the children in your life. They are thoughtfully designed so that everyone can learn something new.
Here’s just some of what you’ll receive:
- A complete lesson plan for 2-7 year olds that may be enjoyed for 30-45 minutes
- A complete lesson plan for 8-13 year olds that may be enjoyed for 45-60 minutes
- An introduction to successfully sharing Kids Yoga with the children in your life, whether you are a parent, caregiver, a school professional, or an experienced or new Kids Yoga Teacher.
- A detailed and easy to follow script for the teacher/leader.
- A complete Kids Yoga class theme and sequence including an introduction to the topic, breathing exercises, a warm-up, an active pose series, a cool down, and a guided meditation and relaxation exercise. The lesson plan theme works, whether taught from beginning to end or in pieces.
- Ideas for activities, props, songs, and more to add to the fun!
- Suggestions for how to relationally connect with children in developmentally appropriate ways.
- Opportunities to teach children through multiple pathways: physical (gross and fine motor), social-emotional, sensory, creative, cognitive and intellectual learning.
- A how-to glossary of poses and breathing exercises used in the lesson plan that includes traditional names plus kid-friendly and/or Sanskrit names when appropriate.
NGY Lesson Plans are delivered electronically in PDF format – easy to download & print or view on a tablet or e-reader!