Knock Knock Joke Yoga
Knock, Knock. Who’s there? Get ready. Get ready who? Get ready to laugh because the Next Generation Yoga Lesson Plan: “Knock Knock Joke Yoga” is going to have you smiling and giggling while practicing Yoga!
This original NGY Lesson Plan features a Knock Knock Joke for every Yoga pose, a rockin’ playlist, a guided meditation and an opportunity for the children to create their own jokes. “Knock Knock Joke Yoga” contains easy to follow, step-by-step instructions and as always, there are suggestions to add even more fun to the class. Written by NGY Founder, Jodi Komitor and Senior NGY Teacher, Nicole Koleshis, we’ll show you how to infuse the “Knock Knock Joke Yoga” theme into a class, specifically designed for 2-7 and 8-13 year olds.
Whether you are a parent, caregiver, an experienced or new Yoga Teacher, this lesson plan is for you and the children in your life any time of the year. It is thoughtfully designed so that everyone can learn and implement something new!
Here’s just some of what you’ll receive:
- A complete lesson plan for 2-7 year olds that may be enjoyed for 30-45 minutes
- A complete lesson plan for 8-13 year olds that may be enjoyed for 45-60 minutes
- Guidance and support for class set-up & getting started
- Confidence to share a complete lesson full of Yoga poses, breathing exercises and relaxation techniques that incorporate: visual imagery, learning points, sensory integration, creative movement and fun stuff such as books, music, props & crafts
- A proper Yoga flow sequence that is simple to breakdown so you can teach sections or the entire lesson from beginning to end
- Complete Pose Pages with straightforward instructions for how to do the postures, along with traditional and kid-friendly pose names, suggestions for the number of times to repeat each pose, and pose benefits
- Suggestions for authentically connecting with kids
- Inspirations for being a creative and innovative Kids Yoga Teacher