By the light of the moon and under the twinkling stars, nocturnal animals begin their waking hours. They wander about, in search of food and adventure, while most people are fast asleep in bed. Next Generation Yoga’s Lesson Plan of the Month: “Nocturnal Animals” celebrates these nighttime wanderers with theme-specific Yoga poses, guided meditations, interesting facts and special musical suggestions to make the class come alive.
This original NGY Lesson Plan features original poses, such as the firefly and endangered black rhino; a Moon Salutation, and also includes an equal balance of relaxing and challenging movements, which is appreciated by this age group. With easy-to-follow, step-by-step instructions, “Nocturnal Animals” takes 8-13 yr. olds on a fun and educational nighttime adventure. Written by NGY Founder, Jodi Komitor, & NGY Teacher, Nicole Koleshis, we’ll show you how to infuse the “Nocturnal Animals” theme into a class, specifically designed for 8-13 yr. olds.
Whether you are a parent, caregiver, an experienced or new Yoga Teacher, this lesson plan is for you and the children in your life any time of the year. It is thoughtfully designed so that everyone can learn and implement something new!
Here’s just some of what you’ll receive:
- Over 12 pages of a clear and easy to follow Lesson Plan, appropriate for kids ages 8-13
- Guidance and support for class set-up & getting started
- Confidence to share a complete lesson full of Yoga poses, breathing exercises and relaxation techniques that incorporate: visual imagery, learning points, sensory integration, creative movement and fun stuff such as books, music, props & crafts
- A proper Yoga flow sequence that is simple to breakdown so you can teach sections or the entire lesson from beginning to end
- Complete Pose Pages with straightforward instructions for how to do the postures, along with traditional and kid-friendly pose names, suggestions for the number of times to repeat each pose, and pose benefits
- Suggestions for authentically connecting with kids
- Inspirations for being a creative and innovative Kids Yoga Teacher
This NGY Lesson Plan is suggested for teaching 8-13 yr. olds and may be enjoyed for 45-60 minutes. It is in PDF format, easy to download & print!
Adventure, Animals, Family
Free Lesson Plan!
Ready to teach kids, but not sure where to start? Get your FREE Kids Yoga Lesson Plan here!"Every Day Mindfulness"
- New Lessons Every Month,
- Kids & Family Poses,
- Breathing Exercises,
- Relaxation Techniques,
- Playlists & more!
PDF format, just download & print!