a Yoga + Mindfulness Lesson Plan for ages 2-13
While most of us are getting ready for bed, nocturnal animals are waking up to start their day … or night. Next Generation Yoga’s Lesson Plan: “Nocturnal Animals” celebrates these nighttime wanderers with theme-specific Yoga poses, creative movements, interesting facts and special musical suggestions to make the class come alive.
Nocturnal Animals for 2-7 year olds: Features original poses, such as hedgehog and cricket; a Moon Salutation, interesting facts, and special musical suggestions to make the class come alive. With easy-to-follow, step-by-step instructions, “Nocturnal Animals” takes 2-7 year olds on a fun and educational nighttime adventure. As always, there are suggestions for how to share this lesson in a Family Yoga class.
Nocturnal Animals for 8-13 year olds: Features original poses, such as the firefly and endangered black rhino; a Moon Salutation, and also includes an equal balance of relaxing and challenging movements, which is appreciated by this age group. With easy-to-follow, step-by-step instructions, “Nocturnal Animals” takes 8-13 year olds on a fun and educational nighttime adventure.
Written by NGY Founder Jodi Komitor and NGY Teacher Nicole Koleshis, we’ll show you how to infuse the “Nocturnal Animals” theme into a class, specifically designed for 2-7 year olds and 8-13 year olds.
Whether you are a parent, caregiver, an experienced or new Yoga Teacher, these lesson plans are for you and the children in your life any time of the year. They are thoughtfully designed so that everyone can learn and implement something new!
Here’s just some of what you’ll receive:
- A complete lesson plan for 2-7 year olds that may be enjoyed for 30-45 minutes
- A complete lesson plan for 8-13 year olds that may be enjoyed for 45-60 minutes
- Guidance and support for class set-up & getting started
- Confidence to share a complete lesson full of Yoga poses, breathing exercises and relaxation techniques that incorporate: visual imagery, learning points, sensory integration, creative movement and fun stuff such as books, music, props & crafts
- A proper Yoga flow sequence that is simple to breakdown so you can teach sections or the entire lesson from beginning to end
- Complete Pose Pages with straightforward instructions for how to do the postures, along with traditional and kid-friendly pose names, suggestions for the number of times to repeat each pose, and pose benefits
- Suggestions for authentically connecting with kids
- Inspirations for being a creative and innovative Kids Yoga Teacher
NGY Lesson Plans are delivered electronically in PDF format – easy to download & print or view on a tablet or e-reader!