Oh, the Places We’ll Go
“All aboard!” The Next Generation Yoga’s Lesson Plan, “Oh, the Places We’ll Go” is leaving the station. Buckle up, don’t forget your plane ticket, and get ready to explore different modes of transportation that will take you places with this fun and educational lesson plan!
Full of transportation-inspired yoga poses, creative movement and learning points, this adventure is a sure-to-be an all time kid favorite. Travel underground in a subway train, ride a bicycle, and hover like a helicopter to experience the many ways we travel from place to place. Written by NGY Founder, Jodi B Komitor & NGY Teacher Nicole Koleshis, this Next Generation Yoga Lesson Plan will show you how to infuse this powerful theme into a Kids Yoga class that is designed specifically for 2-7 yr. olds.
This original Next Generation Yoga Lesson Plan, of more than 10 pages, invites children the experience of a fun and mindful yoga practice using familiar and novel forms of transportation.
Whether you are a parent, school-based educator, or an experienced or new yoga teacher, this lesson plan is for you and the children in your life. It is thoughtfully designed so that everyone can learn something new!
Here’s just some of what you’ll receive:
- A lesson plan in a clear and easy to follow format
- Guidance and support for getting started
- A lesson full of yoga poses, breathing exercises and relaxation techniques that incorporate: visual imagery, learning points, sensory integration, creative movement and fun stuff such as books, music, props & crafts
- Learn the proper yoga flow sequence that is simple to break down so you can teach sections or the entire lesson from beginning to end
- Complete Pose Pages with straightforward instructions for how to do the poses, along with traditional and kid-friendly pose names, suggestions for the number of times to repeat each pose, and pose benefits
- Guidance for authentically connecting with kids
- Inspirations for being a creative and innovative Kids Yoga Teacher
This NGY Lesson Plan is suggested for teaching 2-7 yr. olds and may be enjoyed for 30-45 minutes. It is in PDF format, easy to download & print!