Oh, the Places We’ll Go
“All aboard!” The Next Generation Yoga’s Lesson Plan, “Oh, the Places We’ll Go” is leaving the station. Buckle up, don’t forget your plane ticket, and get ready to explore different modes of transportation that will take you places with this fun and educational lesson plan!
Full of transportation-inspired yoga poses, creative movement, and learning points, this adventure is a sure-to-be an all-time kid favorite. Travel underground in a subway train, ride a bicycle, and hover like a helicopter to experience the many ways we travel from place to place. Written by NGY Founder, Jodi B Komitor & NGY Teacher Nicole Koleshis, this Next Generation Yoga Lesson Plan will show you how to infuse this powerful theme into a Kids Yoga class that is designed specifically for 2-7 and 8-13 year olds
This original Next Generation Yoga Lesson Plan invites children the experience of a fun and mindful yoga practice using familiar and novel forms of transportation. Included are two complete lesson plans that can be used at any time of the year: one for 2-7 year olds (30-45 minutes) and one for 8-13 year olds (45-60 minutes).
Whether you are a parent, school-based educator, or an experienced or new yoga teacher, NGY Lesson Plans are for you and the children in your life. They are thoughtfully designed so that everyone can learn something new.
Here’s just some of what you’ll receive:
- A complete lesson plan for 2-7 year olds that may be enjoyed for 30-45 minutes
- A complete lesson plan for 8-13 year olds that may be enjoyed for 45-60 minutes
- An introduction to successfully sharing Kids Yoga with the children in your life, whether you are a parent, caregiver, a school professional, or an experienced or new Kids Yoga Teacher.
- A detailed and easy to follow script for the teacher/leader.
- A complete Kids Yoga class theme and sequence including an introduction to the topic, breathing exercises, a warm-up, an active pose series, a cool down, and a guided meditation and relaxation exercise. The lesson plan theme works, whether taught from beginning to end or in pieces.
- Ideas for activities, props, songs, and more to add to the fun!
- Suggestions for how to relationally connect with children in developmentally appropriate ways.
- Opportunities to teach children through multiple pathways: physical (gross and fine motor), social-emotional, sensory, creative, cognitive and intellectual learning.
- A how-to glossary of poses and breathing exercises used in the lesson plan that includes traditional names plus kid-friendly and/or Sanskrit names when appropriate.
NGY Lesson Plans are delivered electronically in PDF format – easy to download & print or view on a tablet or e-reader!